Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII Ribbon?

Hi,

Do any of you guys out there know how to tell original ek ribbon from the modern stuff and how the original stuff came?
    A friend of mine has a roll of so called original ribbon that I want to buy of him, were talking a good few meters and it looks good to me.
    But is there any definite way of telling before I part with hard cash and is original ek ribbon really so hard to come by?

Thanks

Dan

Ribbon

Black lite test, if it shines (glows) it is new.

Comment

Another test is to remove a bit of loose ribbon thread and burn it. If it bubbles up into a blob -- like it's made out of some kind of synthetic material -- it's a bad sign. If it turns into flaky ash, it's a better sign.
      George

Comment

I know about the burn test and the black light but is that all you can do apart from feel and the way it looks and I suppose gut instinct!!

Comment

Is that all one can do?

"is that all you can do apart from feel and the way it looks and I suppose gut instinct!!"

As far as I know, yes.
          George

Comment

For me it is a matter of look and feel. If it is an obvious fake I don't want it on any of my crosses. I would rather focus on the cross and let the ribbon be an afterthought. Just so you know, I have replaced "bad" ribbons in the past. I have seen rolls at shows that appear correct being sold with other rolls for Ost, and west wall. I have serious doubts these were produced during the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X