Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Value

Hi guys,

I'd appreciate it if anyone can give me an idea of what this EK1 is worth these days- the mark on the pin is a reverse '15':

Thanks much.

Matt

I'd do a search for "15" or "L/15" or something like that...I believe this might (MAYBE) be a fake. I do recall there's only one good version, but my brain is too crammed to remember right now...

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Hello,

Matt wrote that the cross is marked with "15" not L/15 and "15" is the maker mark from Friedrich Orth Wien

I think what you mean is that the cross is maybe a Floch-Copy but the juweler Floch only make crosses marked with L15 (without the / between the L and the number). He made this because he don't sell the crosses as originals and he want that everybody can see that is a cross manufactured after war.

It gives original crosses marked L/15. This crosses are manufactured from Otto Schickle Pforzheim

Because it's not a Floch that doesent mean that it isn't a faked piece.

I would say we need some meaningful photos from this cross for beeing able to say if it's good ore bad.

Regards
      Andreas
      Last edited by Paratrooper; 05-11-2006, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper
        Hello,

Matt wrote that the cross is marked with "15" not L/15 and "15" is the maker mark from Friedrich Orth Wien
        ...(edit)
        Because it's not a Floch that doesent mean that it isn't a faked piece.

I would say we need some meaningful photos from this cross for beeing able to say if it's good ore bad.

Regards
        Andreas
        Thanks Andreas, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I just didn't have the time or inclination to search for all this last night!

I still have doubts about this cross, regardless of what's on the pin....

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Looks ok to me and I think I can just about see the little "pimple" on the top arm. Here is my 15 for comparison. I bought this with a case but an EK1 without case would be about GBP110/150 I guess....
          Attached Files

Comment

Indeed there is a little 'pimple' in the middle of the frame of the upper arm- I hadn't ever noticed it:

Comment

Here are a few more views of it for those who are concerned about its authenticity (hopefully removing the doubts). And assuming it's authentic, what is it worth today?

Comment

Yeep that is a orginal 15, for info that pimple can also be on lower arm.
                Mikael

Comment

Thanks

So then what would be a fair asking price for me to give?

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper
                    I think what you mean is that the cross is maybe a Floch-Copy but the juweler Floch only make crosses marked with L15 (without the / between the L and the number). Regards
                    Andreas
                    That is not entirely true ... I have seen an L11 Floch

BTW ... this cross is a nice original

Comment

Drats! Wrong again!

Oh well, as long as I learn, it's all good!

Hank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X