Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubergrosse Iron Cross

Hello All,

I have an ubergrosse ek2 that conforms in all but one respect to the ubergrosse ek2s shown on the forum in various threads. The only difference is that my ubergrosse seems to have been finished around the outside edges to a more conventional sized ek2. It measures approx. 45mm, (not the standard 44mm). As a result the outer part of the frame looks somewhat narrower than on a normal ek2.

Has anyone else ever encountered an ubergrosse cross finished somewhat smaller than the 47.5mm as are most frequently encountered?

Cheers, Jay

Sounds like a wideframe EK2 - a 24.
    Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88
      Sounds like a wideframe EK2 - a 24.
      Marc
      Hello,

i agree with marc.
      The mass of an Iron Cross ******220;bergr******246;******223;e begin with 46mm and go up to 48mm.

Regards
      Andreas

Comment

What I mean to say is that the cross is exactly as an ubergrosse.
        Unmarked suspension ring, all details, beading, swastika, dates, dimensions etc. are as an ubergrosse, but the outer flat edges of the frames of the cross have been over trimmed/filed when finishing, before the suspension loop was fitted. The gap between the beading & the edge of the cross is somewhat smaller than on most EKs.

Comment

You have lost me completely. Simple question - what are the dimensions of the cross outer edge to outer edge, nothing else, no other details.
          Thanks,
          Marc

Comment

Originally posted by U-Boot Kapitan
            Hello All,
            The only difference is that my ubergrosse seems to have been finished around the outside edges to a more conventional sized ek2. It measures approx. 45mm, (not the standard 44mm).
            Hi,

he wrote "what's the dimensions of the cross outer edge to outer edge".
            Approx 45mm and we are at the beginning. The form is absolutely unimportant.
            If it's smaler than 46mm it isn't an EK ******220;bergr******246;******223;e but only a normal cross.

I cannot imagine that someone had filed it to make it smaller. There are no reasons for making something like that.

Please show us pictures of this piece you talking about. I think it's not effectively to speak here without seeing a picture of the discussed piece.

Regards
            Andreas

Comment

I understand from 44-46 mm dimensions, like a '24' or a '1' are considered wideframe, and ubergrosse 46-48 mm, or not? Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by FW 200
                I understand from 44-46 mm dimensions, like a '24' or a '1' are considered wideframe, and ubergrosse 46-48 mm, or not? Charlie
                You are absolutely right Charlie.

Regards
                Andreas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X