EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help - Approximate value of a cased L/50 EK1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help - Approximate value of a cased L/50 EK1 ?

Hi guys-

I normally wouldn’t ask such a question, but because I’m in a bit of a predicament I have decided to make a one-time exception.

I recently purchased a cased EK1 which was being offered as a cased L/52, but when it arrived it was in fact a cased L/50.I was a bit disappointed when I received the cross, as I have been looking and saving for a near mint cased Zimmermann for some time now. It was a honest mistake on the sellers behalf and he has agreed to take the cross back if I decide I want to return it.

The cross I received is in nice condition; a few very tiny rust spots but with some rust bubbling under the black paint on the core ; otherwise very clean, and the case is near perfect. Unfortunately I can’t post pictures right now, but will do so later on today just as soon as I get the chance.

I know that there are roughly double as many cased L/52’s as there are L/50’s and I keep thinking that I over-paid for this one... I paid roughly $425 for it (which, IMHO, was a good price for a cased L/52).

Pics to follow shortly.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob
    Last edited by Rob Johnson; 04-28-2006, 09:37 AM.

"I know that there are roughly double as many cased L/50’s as there are L/52’s "

Where are you coming up with this statistic? It seems to me that I see way more "L/52s" than "L/50s."
    George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
      "I know that there are roughly double as many cased L/50’s as there are L/52’s "

Where are you coming up with this statistic? It seems to me that I see way more "L/50s" than "L/50s."

Sorry - I got that backwards... I meant to say "I know that there are roughly double as many cased L/50’s as there are L/52’s" hence the reason for my post

Fixed it.

Thanks,
      Rob
      Last edited by Rob Johnson; 04-28-2006, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I agree whit George, i have also seen more L/52 then L/50. I did have to search more than a year for my L/50, but i do have 2 dubbelmarkt 20 - L/52.
        Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
          I agree whit George, i have also seen more L/52 then L/50. I did have to search more than a year for my L/50, but i do have 2 dubbelmarkt 20 - L/52.
          Mikael

Ugh... Yes, I know and agree, and if you look at the topic of my post you will see that it was a simple mistake and that I understand L/52's are much more rare than L/50's.

I've fixed it. Now, back to the original topic
          Last edited by Rob Johnson; 04-28-2006, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
            Mikael

Mikael-

I am also looking for a near mint double marked 20/L52 EK1. However, the cross I bought was supposed to be a single marked L/52 EK1 but is in fact a L/50.

Thanks,
            Rob

Comment

Hello,

i looked at the "Iron Crass 1. Class Statistic" here in this forum and here are the newest numbers of both makers******180;.
              Before watching that list i also would have said that i've seen more cased L/52 than L/50 but the statitistic soke other words.
              Nevertheless I would at any time rather take an L/50.
              For being able to give a correct answer to the question that starts that thread i would say we need pics to say something that is more than a rough estimate.

Regards
              Andreas

Originally posted by Blitz
              Summa Summarum part 34

L/50
              7 cased
              1 cased, "halbetui" box(a simple box with a paper hinge and no lock)
              1 uncased, vaulted
              1 uncased, screwback
              7 uncased

L/52
              2 cased
              1 cased, screwback
              2 uncased
              7 uncased, screwback

Comment

Hello,

this post was made because i've thought that i have a screwback L/52 for you but i was wrong. It's an screwback L/54.

Regards
                Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Paratrooper
                  Hello,

this post was made because i've thought that i have a screwback L/52 for you but i was wrong. It's an screwback L/54.

Regards
                  Andreas
                  Yeah, it's definitely Friday This one is just spiraling out of control...

I've just taken some pictures which I will post within an hour or so.
                  I'll start a new thread.

Thanks,
                  Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,
                    More laughs than a three stooges movie

My advice is send back the cross as it's not what you want. $425 is a fair price for a cased L/52 but not for an L/50........others will probably disagree though.

Zimmerman crosses are amongst the most visually appealing crosses in my opinion, so keep looking for what you originally wanted.

Good luck...

Cheers,
                    Brett

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Dixon
                      Hi Rob,
                      More laughs than a three stooges movie

My advice is send back the cross as it's not what you want. $425 is a fair price for a cased L/52 but not for an L/50........others will probably disagree though.

Zimmerman crosses are amongst the most visually appealing crosses in my opinion, so keep looking for what you originally wanted.

Good luck...

Cheers,
                      Brett
                      Brett-

Thanks I am going to keep it, and the search for a cased Zimmer - either single or double marked - is still on

Comment

I guess the mods can shut this one down.

I've posted some pictures of this cross here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post1380193

Thanks,
                        Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X