Unmarked EK 1 for D. Gow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked EK 1 for D. Gow

Please have a look at this cross and share your opinions please.

Here is Dougs description:

This EK1 does not have a magnetic centre. In fact none of its parts are magnetic including the pin and catch. It has a wide pin also - although I have seen wide pins before on what I have regarded as being authentic examples. It has no markings and weighs a little over 26.5gms. The orange -coppery colored tint showing on the front of the medal is a tarnish and scrapes off. At first I thought it was the base metal color! This same color tarnish is also at the base of the inside of the pin so it looks like the pin has always been with this medal.

Thanks you!
    Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

reverse details
    Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Hi Doug,

What are the dimensions of the cross? Can you tell if it is one-piece or 3-piece construction? A picture with the pin in the closed position would be good.

Having said that, it will not surprise me to see a main pin looking like that found on a current repro, which is what I think this example probably is. These repros are found in Imperial and Third Reich versions and a search on eBay will probably find them being sold as both originals and repros.

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X