DKiG Opinions and Comments Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG Opinions and Comments Please

I wanted to solicit any comments and opinions about this DKiG. I belive this is a Type 7 made by ZIMMERMAN.

62.5mm diameter
    68.2 grams
    verticle flat pin
    4 hollow rivets to reverse
    Zimmerman maker marked "20" to back of pin

Thanks in advance

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 2

Comment

Photo 3

Photo 3

Comment

photo 4

photo 4

Comment

photo 5

photo 5

Comment

photo 6

photo 6

Comment

please a maker marked photo, even if I'm sorry but my opinion is not positiv for this DK too.

Ivan
              Last edited by IVAN; 01-23-2003, 02:22 PM.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Isn´t it of the same kind as this DKiG we recently discussed?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...threadid=16890

Cheers, Frank
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

..no, for me it looks another one.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hauptmann,

am I wrong or what you showed are nearly all copys?

Have you take a stock from Manions House?

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

To his defense, about 50% was ok. Hauptmann showed badges in many subforums here. Having been without this forum, that is not too bad a rate...

It probably hurts to do this, Hauptmann, but it is better to start again with a clean plate. Your courage is admired.

Cheers, Frank
                      Cheers, Frank

Comment

First let me apologize. I am very sorry guys. Yes, I have posted a few medals lately, 6 in total (all have been different though). I wanted to post photos of medals/badges that have been in my collection that I had some doubts about. The first DK that I posted was in my collection that I bought several years ago. Shortly after purchasing, I began having doubts about it. Until joining this forum, I trusted few other's opinions. I thought I would get your expert opinions since I trust and value your opinions and comments. More importantly, you are not a dealer that is going to try to sell me one of yours.

While I have been collecting for quite some time, I am new to this forum. The photos of the DK in this thread is not one that is in my possession, but rather one that I was looking at to replace the "bad" one. In retrospect, I have decided to stay away from this piece. There are just too many question marks and I am wasting your valuable time. Instead, I gave Bill Shea a call and I am buying one from him. I will have no doubts about what Bill sells me...his perfect reputation speaks for itself.

I will not waste anyone's time further by continuing to post medals from my collection or "potential medals". The rest of my collection is without question...so, to make a long story short...THANKS to everyone that has taken the time to look at some of the "question marks" that I had in my collection. Like I said, I will not waste anymore of your time.

Comment

You do not waste anyone´s time. Looking at thumbs up or down items is fun and very educative, this is what this site is all about. If you have more, please keep them coming. We all have been through that, don´t worry.

Cheers, Frank
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Hauptmann,

for what must you sorry with us??

you have done nothing to sorry.

don't worry! everybody has in his own collection not good pieces!

I have said only a little joke in my answer before about Manions.

I am sure you have a nice collection and we will be happy to see it too ( there is a nice new section for collections).

for this DK I am happy you don't buy it, it's a reproduction.
                            About to buy by reputable dealers it's a very good thing, even if everyone can do mistake, serious dealers take it back without problems.

Have a nice collecting and don't be afraid to ask for other pieces, we will be happy if we can help you!

my regards

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

My aplogies

IVAN,
                              Forgive me, since I am still new to this forum, I TOTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD you, and I totally missed the joke. Since I am new to this forum I haven't gotten to know everyone and their 'styles' yet. All in good time I am sure. Boy, do I feel silly now!

I am very greatful that you even took the time to reply to my posts. I always welcome comments, opinions, and thoughts! I may not like what I hear, sometimes the truth can hurt. None of us likes to hear that something we paid money for is 'bad.' But, if its true, then we need to know, no matter how painful.

You will each be happy to know that I did pass on the DK and instead purchased one from Bill Shea yesterday. You might also be happy to know that the 3 badges that were in my collection that you guys gave a 'thumbs down' to are all going back to the dealer that I originally bought them from. I called the dealer and told him about the forum and the feedback that I received on the badges. He agreed to offer me a FULL REFUND! SO, needless to say I owe each of you a BIG THANK YOU!! YOU GUYS SAVED ME A TON OF MONEY! Or, RATHER, I should say, helped me get my money back. I didn't save anything because I turned around and spent it again on Bill's DK and one of his Assman marked Fallschirmjager Badges to replace my 'bad' ones.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X