Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver ek1

Hi guys,

Could I have your opinion about this cross?

Your help would be appreciated

Giel
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

reverse
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

800 stamp
      Attached Files
      Kind regards,
      Giel

Comment

Odd, but interesting. Appears heavily vaulted? What sort of provenance do you (or the seller) have for it? Anything like this is very "iffy".

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

what a strange beast .

The core and swastica resemble that of a K&Q, and I have never seen another K&Q produced in silver before.
          The reverse pin and hinge assembly resembles some Imperial EKs that were produced in silver.
          The silver stamping is in accordance with normality both in its location and its style.

I have often longed to find some example of a sterling framed EKI in the 1939 family. This may well be it, but we have to consider some possibilities.

First, we know it is not above the fakers to take pieces and "make" a Frankenstein's Monster. What we may have here is an Imperial frame with an equally vaulted 1939 core. Both pieces my be authentic, just not authentically matched.

Second option is that this is a fully original private purchase cross. If that is the case, I wonder why there aren't many other such crosses? I'm not saying that there aren't, I just haven't seen them.
          Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
          All the best,
          Chris

Comment

Thanks for the comments Chris and Hank!

Would better pictures be needed? Please let me know!

I would also be very intrested in further reactions.
            Kind regards,
            Giel

Comment

Yeep that Ek look******180;s strange but that is a Maybauer, maybe the valuting makes it******180;s looks odd.
              First early Maybauer ive seen markt 800.

Mikael

Ps if you dont want it i do, pm me.

Comment

Imo an aged Eastern European FAKE. Look at the beading. Imo absolutely definitely NOT a Meybauer.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Can be Mike, i have to check. I do have trippt on this mine before
                  Mikael

Comment

Giel,
                    If you could, can you post a pic of the end of an arm showing the curvature from the side. (i.e. holding the cross horizontal taking a pic from the side.)

Thanks,
                    Brett

Comment

-

IMO not original!

Comment

I asked for some pictures af the vaulting, I hope to recieve them prety fast. Here are some higher resolution pictures of the cross that might help.

Kind regards,
                        Giel

Comment

Hello,

I behold this cross as a nice attempt to pretent a very sought after cross (Meybauer).
                          I never have seen such a cross before, actuly is it absolutly ugly as well.

What's wrong:
                          - Neeedle shape does not fit to the real one
                          - Frame
                          - Riffle
                          - Frame inner corners
                          - Date

all in all

Best Franki

Comment

Sober up guys. What flawour would you like it in? Would a 1870 be fine?
                            It is a reproduction from our friends in Latvia.

Cheers
                            Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great Peter!

I know you can figure out. I was pretty confused of it. I guess you can write a new artucle about our friends in Latvia. I can't wait.

KR
                              Indy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X