Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKI and KVK I in wear

Hi All,
    Here's a nice(dirty) pic of an Arty(I think) officer wearing both.
    Attached Files
    Terry Keller
    "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
    Rammstein

Dear Terry,

But that is a 1914 EK 1.

Cheers, Frank
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Yes, it looks very Imperial.

George
      George

Comment

This has been a confusion for me. Were certain branches of the service given the KVK I and not the EK l? I would really like to understand this point. Was it not probable or rather impossible for a Luftwaffe officer or enlisted man to receive the KVK I? Come to think of it, I have never seen a photo of a uniformed soldier wearing them both together ( 1939 KVK I & 1939 EK l ). And I don't remember seeing a Luft. officer or enlisted man wearing the KVK I either.
        Very interesting. Robert
        Last edited by robert pierce; 01-18-2003, 05:22 PM.

Comment

What about this one?
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, Akira. Now I can see that the 1939 EK I and KVK I can in some cases be worn together. Does anyone have a clue to which branch of the service he is in? Thank you for the good photo. Robert

Comment

Interesting to see that he chose not to wear the KVK 2 ribbon. Neither in the buttonhole, nor on the bar.

Isn´t that a Jäger patch on his right upper arm?

Cheers, Frank
              Cheers, Frank

Comment

I note it says 5. Jaeger Division in the top left corner, I`m guessing that it is actually on the photo itself?
                Good observation though Frank, regarding the absence of a KVK 2 ribbon!

Best regards,
                Adrian

Comment

Yes, the photo is from the estate of Gen. Thumm, Kdr., 5.Jäger-Division. The officer's name has not been known to me unfortunately, I haven't checked my sources well.

The letters are all superimposed by me. Scans we post to the forum will "walk by itself" as time passes. Usually the annotation will be lost when these images are filed to disk... So I put as much information as possible on the image itself, just to make sure that future recipient of these scans will know what is on the image.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X