German Cross in Gold '20' Zimmerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold '20' Zimmerman

A beautiful piece indeed. Shows real signs of wear. If this piece could only talk. A dealer has presented this piece to me for 1,600 Euro. I am a novice to the German Crosses so I am asking for help in authenticating this piece. The pin is stamped on the underneath side with '20' for Zimmerman. The dealer's photo of the pin didn't reveal the '20' like I hoped it would. Also is the cost in the ballpark? Thank you in advance. Robert
    Attached Files

The reverse of the same badge...
    Attached Files

Comment

Not a good photo of the '20' on the pin...
      Attached Files

Comment

Another shot of the obverse without a flash...
        Attached Files

Comment

So fare so good

Hello Robert

This cross looks good from what I can see of the pictures. Can you post a picture of the date (in close-up) please?
          Price is good also.

Comment

Nick, this is the best I can do with my photo software capabilities. Robert
            I know it's not much better. But anymore resolution and it's awfully grainy. This piece plus a Luftwaffe Operator/Gunner badge were found recently in a flooded basement in Germany. All of the documentation for the badges was thrown away with all of the other water-logged debris.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by robert pierce; 01-11-2003, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hello Robert

I'm glade I have some young eyes

Everything looks fine to me. Nice cross
              Here is one to compare to.
              Attached Files

Comment

reverce

Attached Files

Comment

Nick, I'm seeing a little difference in the number '4'. The horizontal line in the number '4' of your badge is not as perfectly horizontal as the line in my badge's number '4'. Should I be concerned here? Robert

Comment

I don't think thats a problem.

Comment

NO PROBLEM FROM MY EYES

I suggest that you go read the article on the German Cross and you will see that you have a good Zimmermann German Cross if it matches the examples shown in the article.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/germ...cross_main.htm

Comment

From what I have learned so far from the site you pointed me to, the cross appears to be of the earlier 'heavy' tombak or nickle-silver construction. I found one on the site with exactly the same style '4' in the date. Thank you for the help. This will be a nice addition to my collection. I'll post some good photos of the maker mark, etc. when it arrives.
                        Thanks again. Robert

Comment

Looks like a good original Zimmermann DK to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X