Crosses of the Wehrmacht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crosses of the Wehrmacht

More than one meaning. Front and back of a leaflet (G.16) produced by the Allies:

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Danner; 05-04-2003, 03:44 PM.

Un-freakin-believable!
    Do you suppose a box or two may still be kicking around in a warehouse in Eastern Europe?
    NOT Latvia

Comment

Propaganda Leaflets

As aerial propaganda leaflets are my speciality I'll give a little background information to this leaflet. It was produced by the secret British government agency Political Warfare Executive. PWE was created as an independent department from section S.O.1 of Special Operations Executive in September 1941. The leaflet was dropped over Germany from 5th April until the 28th July 1942.

I have a database on my website of Allied propaganda leaflets dropped over Germany by UK based aircraft and balloons. There are also many other leaflets illustrated from other wars up to Operation Enduring Freedom.

Lee
      www.psywar.org

Comment

Leaflets aren't my specialty, yet I seem to have amassed a collection of over 2,000. Most are from WW2, Korea and Vietnam/Laos, but I also have some from WW1, Panama 1989, the Persian Gulf War, the Afghan-Soviet War, Bosnia, Somalia, etc., plus a few rarer ones like the 1965 Dominican Republic intervention and an assortment of North Korean leaflets balloon-delivered to the South in the 1960s and 70s.

Your website is pretty nice - well put together.

Dave

Comment

Sounds like a rather impressive collection you have there Dave!

I'm glad you like the site, it has taken a lot of time and effort over the years, so it's pleasing to hear appreciation of it

Lee
          www.psywar.org

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X