DKiG: opinions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another rivet
    Last edited by rkdek; 04-29-2006, 04:33 PM.
    "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

another view of the back
      Last edited by rkdek; 04-29-2006, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I've measured the cross and it seems to conform in all aspects with the measurements quoted in the German Cross article on this very site.

As for the weight, I only got access to an ordinary digital kitchen scale at the moment. It gives a weight of 49-50 grams.

To be entirely complete, I can add that the cross was acquired with some documents tying it to the original wearer as well as his boxed and cased EK1 and cased Silver Wound Badge + some other small items. I didn't buy the uniform which came with this estate (very bad condition) and the Sports Badge had already been sold to another collector.
        Last edited by rkdek; 02-04-2006, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Hello

I still believe that this is an original war time Godet DKiG. The close up shots of the wreath and the '1941' all look to me as I would expect to see on this manufactures six rivet pieces. The makers mark looks right and the outline viewed from the back matches with known originals. The hinge, pin and clasp set up look good and as you expect to see them. The weight is within that for this manufacturers DKs.

All in all, in my honest opinion this is a good, original Godet DKiG.

Regards
          David

Comment

Very beautiful and original Godet. Later reproduction

Comment

Hi,

last photos are a bit better, even if scan images would be better.

I am inclined me too to think is a original cross, but really difficult to say without clear images.

sure this is a later production from Godet firm, it has lost part of quality of this very important firm in finished parts ( rivets and catch placed).

"1" in mm is not completly right but maybe is from bright photo.

what concern me is the conservation of this cross, 100% mint conditions without any age traces in any parts, as produced yesterday .....

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hello

I have been comparing the one in this thread to the examples in the German Cross section of this site, as well as in reference books. The makers mark appears to me to be ok - it matches up nicely to a close up photo of the mm on the Godet six rivet DK from page 203 in Gordon Williamsons book 'The Iron Cross of 1939' and, in my opinion matches to the one in DK section:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/germ...o/series05.htm

I have taken the liberty of turning Denis image of the mm into negative. This makes it easier to see.

Again, the placement of the hinge and clasp look to be in pretty much the same place on this one as the one in the DK section, and more or less as per the one illustrated in Gordons book. Bear in mind that all probability these placed and soldered on by hand, and you are bound to see some minor discrepancy in the positioning. Compare the one in the link below to the one in this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/germ...o/series08.htm

As for the condition of the item, search previous postings on DKs here and on other forums; look at some of the DKs in the DK section on here and the photos of items from other collectors in the various reference books. There are many absolutley 'stone mint' examples of all manufacturers which look as if they have just come off the production line. I fully understand the caution here, but in my opinion everything else looks as it should and I genuinely belive that Denis has found a really superb, original example of a Godet six rivet DK.

Regards
                David
                Attached Files

Comment

...the cross is at this time on my desk.
                  It's 100% original and in near mint condition.....wonder how much it will take me to get it....
                  Pieter.
                  SUUM CUIQUE ...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rkdek
                    To be entirely complete, I can add that the cross was acquired with some documents tying it to the original wearer as well as his boxed and cased EK1 and cased Silver Wound Badge + some other small items. I didn't buy the uniform which came with this estate (very bad condition) and the Sports Badge had already been sold to another collector.
                    Would love to see the other goodies, as well!

Calvin
                    -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Fine, Pieter !

conditions are really at 101% conditions, very rare to find so .

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

This is the EK 1 belonging to the same wearer
                        Attached Files

Comment

Outer carton + Case
                          Attached Files

Comment

The original owner clearly took care of his orders, the EK 1 itself has unfortunately been extensively cleaned.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to thank David and Ivan for their continued interest in this post aswell as Pieter for his hands-on examination of all the items of this grouping.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X