Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help in identifying Flosh fakes

Hi members,
    I have been reading about Flosh fakes on the message board over the last few days and I began to wonder if my Clamshell IC first class falls in this catagory. I don't have the technology presently to post a picture but I would appreciate very much if someone could list the things to look for in a Flosh fake cross. All I can say about my cross is that it has a very low date, just above the beading. Thanks

Hi soldat251,

Check the boards again, there should be a lot of excellent pictures of Floch made fake EKs. Try a search with the keyword "L15" or "Floch".

Cheers, Frank
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Searched the threads Frank!

Here is what I have learned about Floch repros:

1. They have a yellow tint to the metal. ( My screwback is bright silver with a frosted bead and back.)

2. Froch IC's were never frosted. ( well that would be reassuring)

2. They have low dates. ( Well that's mine, but I also learned that some genuine IC's also had low dates, Hummm!)

3. Many tend to be marked L15 or L21. (My IC screewback is unmarked so that doesn't help)

4. From another Forum I learned that clamshell screw on Floches tend to have a ridge around their edges. ( Mine has what looks like a partial casting line around some of the edge both nothing that seems to be a ridge around it, boy this is tough!)

5. They usually measured 44 x 44mm. But wasn't that the regular IC size?

If anyone can correct or add to this information, please let me know. I don't know what else to "search" for. Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X