demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

green frost, and oily spots on eki, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green frost, and oily spots on eki, what to do?

i post a thread about what to do with rust, but no one notice, i think i sould said green frost and oily spots in the back, the ek1 is the second one the maybauer.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=meybauer
    how remove it?
    thanks

The best is you do nothing! The cross will still survive you and proudly show it's hard earned age!

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hello

If you really do need to clean it, I find that EKs respond well to being dipped in silver cleaner, something like Goddards Silver dip. This is a non abrasive means of cleaning them and is referred to in both Robin Lumsdens books and a couple of Gordon Williamsons earlier books. All sources recommend caution before cleaning an item, but there are some occasions when restoration is essential to preserve an item from permenant damage through corrosion etc.

Regards
      David

Comment

hi thanks for your reply, most of all, there is not a cleaning obssesion, i just was worried about the damage caused by the green frost, but as far as i understand, there is not corrosive, right?, and i dont want to damege the cross more, or make it looks like a brand new
        thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X