How Many Waffen SS Oakleaves Winners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Waffen SS Oakleaves Winners?

I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum, but of the 800 or so Oakleaves winners, how many were in the Waffen SS? Thanks in advance.

Craig, 'generally' accepted 74.
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave.

Comment

When Craig asks a question as specific as this, I have the feeling he has something spectacular up his sleeve.

Anything you want to share with us Craig?
        "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Wish I could say I'd found something great, but the reason for my question was more scholarly. I was having a discussion with somebody about the rarity of the award to SS persons. The question in my mind was, why so few RKs and Oaks, with such an elite and "in the thick of things" fighting force?

Comment

Craig,

You have 2 SS-honor rings for Oakleave winners on your site at the moment. That's quite an achievement considering the mentioned number of 74!

An interesting note, both winners were drought into the SS after they had won the RK in the regular Heer.
            "Wir Deutschen fürchten Gott und sonst nichts auf der Welt " BISMARCK

Comment

Busted! The scholarly discussion was over these rings. While the Diddens ring is only 95% certain if you were judging it in a court, the Kraemer ring is 100%. I've owned about 50 rings, but the Kramer is the best yet. There are two swords rings out there, but one I will never be able to buy, and the other - well, my name is on it when it does sell

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X