Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKiG first pattern Deschler

Hello,

I think this is a first pattern Deschler DKiG.
    Am I right if I say that thees are hard to find?
    Unfortunatly the condition of this one is very poor.
    A portion of the outer star burst is broken off.
    Asking price for the seller is 1000$
    Any opinions
    Attached Files

other shot

Many damage!!
    Attached Files

Comment

last one

broken off star piece
      Attached Files

Comment

Nick,

The pin/hinge/rivet set up looks of the right type for an early Deschler, but NOT First Pattern which had ten, not six, rivets. Price seems rather high for one of these in such poor condition. Depends how badly such damage concerns you. The early Deschlers are quite rare.

Comment

Hi

Looks ok to me, correct raised hinge, flimsy pin and square wire catch for the transitional six rivet Deschler. I wouldn't say it's over-priced but I would say that you may find it hard to sell on as the damage is so in-your-face. Shame it's damaged as otherwise it looks like a definite keeper.

I've only ever seen one of the flimsy pin Deschlers for sale before.

I'd love to own one.

Cheers

Comment

Nick,

as you know, I love DK, and for this I would buy it, even if it has much worn conditions. the enamel is not strongly crash and is a rare sure original piece, for a nice conditions you must pay more then double of this price.

only my opinion.

p.s. can you do more good photos detailed? I would like to archive them, if I can.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Williamson
              Nick,

The pin/hinge/rivet set up looks of the right type for an early Deschler, but NOT First Pattern which had ten, not six, rivets. Price seems rather high for one of these in such poor condition. Depends how badly such damage concerns you. The early Deschlers are quite rare.
              Gordon,

have you hear you too about DKiG 10 rivets that come out in the market now like fungus?

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the opinions.
                Gordon: thanks for correcting me. What would be a better price then? With that damage?
                Ivan: I asked the seller for better pictures (hope I will get some)
                Indeed a very nice item but still much damage to it. That a pity)
                Can somebody post a picture of a same DKiG in a better condition?
                thanks

Comment

Hmmm

I'm in negotiations at the moment to buy the six rivet/small pin Deschler that I mentioned earlier. I've been wearing my friend down slowly but surely for months and I think it's nearly in the bag.

Looks like it's going to cost me 1800.00 sterling, about $2700.00 I think.

Fingers crossed.

I'll post pics when if/when I get them.

Comment

Originally posted by nick
                    Hello

Thanks for the opinions.
                    Gordon: thanks for correcting me. What would be a better price then? With that damage?
                    Ivan: I asked the seller for better pictures (hope I will get some)
                    Indeed a very nice item but still much damage to it. That a pity)
                    Can somebody post a picture of a same DKiG in a better condition?
                    thanks
                    I think you can arrive to pay $900.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Jamie Cross posted a 10 rivet Deschler for sale today.
                      Price on Request.
                      I wonder how many monies??

Comment

DK in Gold 6 rivit

Dear Sir: In reference to the DK in gold, 6 rivit with damage; I would suggest you save your money until you can find a better example of the item. Damaged items, no matter how rare, are forever damaged. They appreciate very slowly, if at all and are extremely difficult to sell at a later date. One is always better off to pay a premium for high quality, good condition, original items as they will, at the very least, maintain their value and most likely appreciate in value. If and when it becomes necessary to sell the item, it will be much easier to sell. In my personal opinion, it is better have a small collection of high quality, exellent condition, original items than to have a large collection of damaged items. Then again, this is only my opinion.

Comment

Hello

oak-leaf thanks for your opinion. You're maybe right for saving the money.

Tim, Jamie Cross his DKiG cost 4014$
                          And for Ivan, here a close-up of the date and a close-up of the damage.

Comment

pic of the damage

close-up

Comment

Wow

$4014.00???

Isn't that a bit steep, even for a rare 10 rivet Deschler DK?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X