My First EKI...arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First EKI...arrived today

My first EKI, arrived today...an unmarked W&L (to go with my two unmarked W&L EKIIs).
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tim,

Very nice Maker for your first EK1 ...

Comment

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hello Tim

I am no expert, but I think this EK1 is a floch reproduction. Where did you get it? The pin is the primary concern, but I don't like the swastika and date as well. Also, the frame is lacking in detail. Nonetheless, lets see what the others have to say.

Best Regards
          Mike
          </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Waffen-Mike
            <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Hello Tim

I am no expert, but I think this EK1 is a floch reproduction. Where did you get it? The pin is the primary concern, but I don't like the swastika and date as well. Also, the frame is lacking in detail. Nonetheless, lets see what the others have to say.

Best Regards
            Mike
            </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
            </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
            It came from Helmut Weitze. I hope I didn't jump overboard here (but if so, he has a liberal return policy)! I've tried to do a lot of research in a short time regarding W&Ls, and I've haven't found any reference to fakes bearing the 'telltale' W&L die flaw (scrunched beading) just north of the intersection of the 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock arms.

Tim

Comment

Tim,

Absolutely nothing to worry about. It is a Textbook "100" W&L EK1. Here is mine for comparison:

Obverse:
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse:
                Attached Files

Comment

Mine is maker marked under the pin:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Darrell! Glad to see yours! Nice!

I was wondering a bit about the catch on mine, as I think I have seen some variations on W&Ls...some were flat on top, some rounded, and some where of a round 'wire' type (not squared off, if you know what I mean).

It looks like yours also has a mark on the obverse of the pin. Is that the case?
                    Last edited by Tim K.; 01-20-2006, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim K.
                      It looks like yours also has a mark on the obverse of the pin. Is that the case?
                      No that's just a scratch ....

Comment

Nice way to start, a very nice W&L. Same as my 100, L/55, unmarkt. And same frame as my 5-10 EK2´s.
                        Mikael

Comment

Darrell-

Absolutely beautiful cross

What a beauty.

Originally posted by Darrell
                          Tim,

Absolutely nothing to worry about. It is a Textbook "100" W&L EK1. Here is mine for comparison:

Obverse:

Comment

Hello,

it is already everything said, it is a fine unmarked 100 EK1.

Best Franki

Comment

Like everyone says you have a perfect textbook W&L and most definitely NOT a Floch,a Floch doesn't look anything like your cross.
                              Here is one of my W&L EK1's(they are my favourite EK manufacturer)

Cheers

Dave
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dave-B; 01-20-2006, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X