War merit medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War merit medals

I have 2 war merit medals but they are distinctely different weights and when looked at from the side one is thinner than the other.

The heavier looks and feels like bronze but the other is pitted and is much lighter in weight. The surface pattern, lettering etc on both sides are identical.

I assume one is a fake but which one? The heavier 'good quality' or the lighter pitted one?

Can anyone help?
    thanks

Marias

Possibly from different makers. If you could post pics, would help, or e-mail them to me, and I can post for you.

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I'll post pictures asas - I must take them first

thanks,
      Marias

Comment

I had hoped to get these taken before this but was delayed. I could not post them myself but have emailed them to you.

thanks,
        Marias

Comment

Pics from Marias:
          Last edited by hankmeister; 02-15-2006, 03:12 PM.
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Pic #2

Comment

And the last pic...

Any opinions to help out, I am sure will be appreciated.

hank

Comment

thanks for posting the images.
                Marias

Comment

I know that you have the wrong ribbon on one. That's a War Merit Cross ribbon. I have a a War merit Medal with the same ribbon - maybe thy issued these with the incorrect ribbon(s) as a mistake.

Comment

hello,
                    i have several of these medals and i would say that both are good ones,three of my own have different weights and one is thinner then the other one,i would not worry about it

Comment

Since this thread is actually about the littlest, babyiest brother of all of the "Crosses of the Wehrmacht", I'm moving it to the appropriate Forum!
                      George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X