Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek 1 core refinnished ??

Hi all.

Today i got this Ek 1 Mm 6 from the nice postman( keep em comming plz Mr mailman) Annyway.When looking closer at the finnish of the core you can se it looks like som areas of paint and around the bedding has fallen of.This makes it looks like there are two coats of paint.The structure of the paint is pretty rough.when comparing it to my otjer Ek 1 Mm 6 the second one looks about the same in the structure of the corepaint.It also shows "shadows" around and clos to the frame but doesnt looks like 2 layers of paint, just wear.My thoughts are now: is the 1st cross refinnished or is it just natural wear making it look like two layers of paint??
    Attached Files

My other Mm 6 Cross.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mickesouth; 01-19-2006, 03:19 AM.

Comment

I think some sort of preservation method has been used, that turns red/brown rust in to dark near black color. The original paint stays more or less unaffected. There was a thread about this just a few days ago.

I do not think it has been repainted. Nice cross by the way.

Here is the link: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=133495

Cheers.
      Peter

Comment

-

No, they do not look repainted.

Comment

I have been looking in to that resturation-post. I beliv it is like you say here Peter,that the Cross (The first one) in my post has been resturated by boiling it.Now you start to wounder how that would effect the value of the Cross?? The cross imo still looks good and the frame will oxidize pretty soon and dont look so brite.what do you say about this??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X