No announcement yet.

Godet vs Junker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They match 100%, i did think i found a way to separate them but no luck. It was only a variation, Imo there is no 21 markt 1ek´s. Not any one that is real, fakes yes. Godet did make ek2´s markt, but not any ek1´s.
    Mikael

Originally posted by Thomas H
    Hi,

Are crosses of Godet and Zimmermann exactly the same except for the makers markerings. Or are only de hinge and catch the same and is the core different?

Greetings, Thomas

Comment

Thanks Mikael

Greetings, Thomas

Comment

Hello guys,

Thanks for the replies and especially you Bob for taking the time to post pics from these nice crosses

Very intresting, i thought because both makers are from the same area they had some kind of cooperation between them.
        I'll post 2 WB later on that indentical between them and only the makers mark changed and i assumed that could be for their other awards too.
        sigpic

Comment

Here two WBs, the gold is from Godet and the silver is Juncker. Their crosses is different but the WBs are indentical in every aspect, even the weight are the same, both made from heavy Tombak the L/50 weight 41.5 gr and the L/12 41.6 gr !
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

back
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

catch
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

hinge
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Hello Mikael,

I have a examined 21 marked Godet Iron Cross 2nd, Class, First Class and Knight's Cross which all came in the original wartime (not first awards) red leather case. Pierre Plettinck used to own it, sold it to Stephen Wolfe, and I don't know where it went from Stephen Wolfe.

It was many years ago that I examined them, but they were all undoubtedly original. I have a 21 marked 2nd Class in my collection and am still looking for an L/50 marked 2nd Class.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas H
                    Hi,

Are crosses of Godet and Zimmermann exactly the same except for the makers markerings. Or are only de hinge and catch the same and is the core different?

Greetings, Thomas

Catch on Zimmermann a little wider
                    Attached Files

Comment

If i dont remeber wrong, some one did find that wider catch on Godet also.
                      Mikael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X