This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Be Fake Or Not To Be?

I have been offered this cross but I am a litle weary to say the least. I was hoping for some opinions as to what you think. I have marked some of the spots I have concerns about and learned from the forum, just need opinions to confirm my own thoughts. I checked in the fake section and I did not see these type of rivetes and on the front the ribbon seems to go with the flow or is it just me?

Thanks

Joe
    Attached Files

Thanks again
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey maybe I'm learning

Thanks

Joe
      Attached Files

Comment

Larger photos would help.

Cheers.
        Peter

Comment

It's a fake. Note that the shape of the date is similar to a deshler, despite the "20" stamp. There are gaps between the tips of the leaves and the second banner folds to the left and right which can be seen with this lower resolution photo. The rivets have gaps and are poorly done. It has the wrong shaped pin. Not original in my opinion.

Comment

It could remotely be that suspended member Tom Hansen has rented out his basement to a new member walter h and this new member is now using his computer and therefore showing the same (fixed) IP address as the suspended member showed over the years...

Or the suspended member Hansen - in blatant disrespect of the rules of this forum - has created a new account under a false name and with a false e-mail address to circumvent the suspension he's currently under.
            I could be wrong so I kindly ask Mr. Walter H. to explain the same IP addresses and to state that he is NOT the suspended member Hansen here under this posting.

Thank you

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Oh, come on, Dietrich! Nobody does that kind of stuff around here!
              (I wonder if the title of this thread refers to the DK or to "walter"? )
              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X