Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight cross with brass mixture

Hello,

Opinion on this KC would be appriciated.
    This one has a variation frame with brass mixture. Pre LDO.
    mes: 48mm.
    Is that one original piece?
    Thanks for comment.
    Greetings
    Nick
    Attached Files

more

If this is an original? Is this a rare example? Is that worth collecting?
    Attached Files

Comment

last pic.

Last.
      We let the experts do there job
      Attached Files

Comment

I have heard but have never seen one until now. I think many of us are scratching our heads........hopefully the EK dudes will speak soon

Comment

lol

Hi Gary,

Yes I also never saw such a KC.
          We wil have to wait until the EK-GOD waks-up

Comment

Plated frame RK are known, but much clearer images of this one would be required to have any chance of judging. The eye sits into the frame very much like Juncker, but the shape of the Cross isn't like theirs. From these images, its not something I would be in a rush to buy.

Comment

Brass colored frame on RK

I have seen one (that looks like this one) in the Northern Virginia area. Also missing ribbon loop. Believe it was being sold by Time Travelers Militaria. Can only say that I have heard of Kriegsmarine ICs with brass cores. I guess such a piece is possible, but what would be the purpose? Why brass for better quality silver? The golden rule for RKs is if you are not sure, do not buy until you are.

Comment

better pic's

Hello,

Here are a few better pictures of this cross. Hope this will make a judgment.

Comment

last

And this one. I don't like the quality of this KC.

Comment

Nick,
                    This cross just doesn't inspire confidence in it's being a pre1945 original.
                    The pictures you posted show very poor workmanship on the inside edge of the beading where it was cut out from the planchet. This seems to be most noticable on the lower arm right side. If you look at the rest of the inside edge you will see waviness in the cutout edges. This is not the quality one expects in a Knight's Cross. The quality of the beading is "soft " in it's appearance and somewhat irregular. In the upper right corner of the upper arm there seems to be a blob for the lack of a better word. the paint finish as I see it in your second picture looks very similar to the post war Robert Souval produced KCs. If I were looking to spend money on this cross I would pass on it unless it was priced as a repro and then not very much at that.
                    Sorry for the hard accessment of this cross but that's how I see it. If you look around you should find an appropriate example for your collection that you will be proud to own.

Just some thoughts.
                    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X