• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! Yes, it's a Juncker

Comment

Very impressive. Congratulations, you lucky man

Comment

The green eyed monster has arisen - what a great find - it would be almost impossible to do any better than that. Hard to find and difficult to afford - provenience - what else! Whatever it was you sold - I think you made a good decision. Best Regards - Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
          Giel, still am selling .... my collection will never be the same again
          To the contrary Albert.. your collection will now ALWAYS be better than it was...

A wonderful piece of history.

My congratulations.

Marshall

Comment

Albert,

congarts on obtaining this very nice set.
            As you said alrady : your collection will never be the same again!

Regards,
            Ben

Comment

VERY nice, Albert. I love the patina on both the cross and OL's. Very nice indeed! Congrats.

Rob

Comment

beautiful present, Albert !

me too I have done for myself a present like this one , but without oak leaves and provenance

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 01-18-2007, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz
                    I don't know about these as much as I'd like to, and don't want to steal anybody's thunder or joy, but is it a characteristic of these (C. E. Junckers) that the swastika is touching one corner and not all corners? Please educate me in this... I tried to just PM for the answer but I seem to be receiving an error on displaying the WAF and not all functionality is working - like PM. Thanks in advance for the education.

Bob
                    Textbook Juncker KC!!! Very nice Albert!!!

Comment

Last edited by Bobwirtz; 01-18-2007, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Nice Christmas present.

Late present? You sure it's not just an early present for next year's Christmas!?
                        -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Beautiful set Albert you lucky man Superb!!!

Allan
                          Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                          Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Thanks to all of you guys!

Terry, simple rule: the longer you stay, the more you get to see.
                            Seriously now, it was in the pile of all the cased EK1s and 2s. I guess it just slipped by.

Richard, still selling, still selling

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City>Marshall</ST1</st1:City>, but much smaller… but you and Ben are right!!! No sellers remorse here!

Rob, yes, I am a “patina-man” myself and fell in love with the piece the split second I had laid my eyes on it.

Ivan, congratulations! Please post pics.

Bob (-wirtz), the swastika is not off center. Do a search on Junckers, there are many contributions covering this feature. This is a sign of manual finishing (= high tolerance) of the inner corners. Some think this was necessary to make room for the swaz to fit properly. Very possible. Perhaps a step in the process to soften the sharp edges as in not to scratch the paint on the swaz. Another take is that this was mainly just a personal finishing touch of the worker. On some you see rounded corners on the back but not on the front suggesting that the frame halves were hand-finished in a liberal way and randomly assembled (not paying attention to what’s going to be the front and the back one). Three approaches which do not exclude each other and might quite well all be true, decide for yourself.

Calvin, going by my current financial situation this might just be it: an early present for Christmas 2006! I should check with my wife if she can view it as her gift as well

Best regards,
                            Albert<O</O

Comment

Originally posted by Albert

Terry, simple rule: the longer you stay, the more you get to see.
                              Seriously now, it was in the pile of all the cased EK1s and 2s. I guess it just slipped by.

Richard, still selling, still selling

Albert, look into my eyes, look into my eyes, you now feel sleepy,....you now will sell me these cased EK's, look into my eyes, look into my eyes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X