Opinions on this EKII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on this EKII?

I know you guys probably get tired of this , but...any opinions on my EKII? It's unmarked. Thanks in advance for your help!

Tim
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a nice "100", Wachtler & Lange. They seem to be found in such nice condition more than any other cross.

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 01-02-2006, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for the quick reply! I don't really collect medals, but it occurred to me that I should at least have a 'basic' EK medal in my collection. I don't know very well what to look for...what traits enabled you to identify it as to that maker?

Comment

The "scrunched" beading on the frame, where it abuts the top right arm of the swastika. Also, the hump where the ribbon ring attaches, but that is also found on a couple of other makers crosses. The condition is also an indicator.
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Comment

Wow, you've shown me a good lesson: it's all in the "details"! I see what you mean about the scrunched beading. I never would have noticed that, or the dates. And I considered the hump to be a defect.

I think you may have just sparked an interest here! Thanks again!

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X