MM 65 EK I on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM 65 EK I on ebay

Did anybody see auction # 6591305800 on ebay?
    “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Old news: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=135178 or are you the seller looking to advertise it?
    pseudo-expert

Comment

didn't know it was already discussed,no I am not the seller...nice comment to a fellow member
      “Karate aims to build character, improve human behavior and cultivate modesty: it does not, however, guarantee it”

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Sheffy
        didn't know it was already discussed,no I am not the seller...nice comment to a fellow member
        Can't we all just get along??

Comment

Sorry Mark. just seems that this happens alot around here lately. I noticed that you and the seller live in the same state. Personally, I quit showing ebay items that I'm interested in on the froum. Seems quite a few members are too lazy to do thier own digging but are more than willing to jump on something that is shown here.
          Don
          pseudo-expert

Comment

No problem Don,I just saw it on ebay and thought I would start a discussion.

Comment

I was watching that one until I saw another forum member bid on it. Then it got posted and the price shot up.
              Oh well. I'm leaning towards Imperial these days anyways. Have a Happy New Years.
              Don
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Jeez, I guess I'm to blame?

Was it a bad thing that I did?

I was hoping to find out if my assumption was correct that it was a good "65".

Maybe I'll ask for permission next time before I post a thread.

Mike

Originally posted by ddoering
                I was watching that one until I saw another forum member bid on it. Then it got posted and the price shot up.
                Oh well. I'm leaning towards Imperial these days anyways. Have a Happy New Years.
                Don

Comment

If you notice a forum member has bid on it and you choose to post it here then yes, I would say that is a bad thing. Why not copy the pics and then email them to another person for an opinion? Or at least only post the pics and not a link to the actual auction? I won't bid against another forum member unless I've already input the item into Justsnipe before he has bid, but hey, that's just me. You can bet that there are always several people lurking about waiting for a "hot lead" on good items.
                  JMHO
                  Don
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

At the time I was not aware that a forum member bid on the set so there goes that theory.

And if anyone has bid on ebay items they know better than to bid on an item until the last minute......that's just ebay 101 as far as I'm concerned. There are plenty of ebay idiots that will pay triple for a set like that.

The thinking that an item such as that would fly under anyones radar is quite a leap if you ask me.

Just my 2 cents,
                    Mike

If you notice a forum member has bid on it and you choose to post it here then yes, I would say that is a bad thing. Why not copy the pics and then email them to another person for an opinion? Or at least only post the pics and not a link to the actual auction? I won't bid against another forum member unless I've already input the item into Justsnipe before he has bid, but hey, that's just me. You can bet that there are always several people lurking about waiting for a "hot lead" on good items.
                    JMHO
                    Don

Comment

I saw Hank's bid long before I saw your thread but hey, who cares right? Dog eat dog in this hobby. I'm sorry to hear that Hank is an idiot. I thought better of him. As to whether or not it would "fly under the radar" that is moot since you turned the spotlight on.
                      Just my dime.
                      Don
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Don,

I can see that your getting a little upset over this. First I never call "Hank" an idiot but I'm sure you will argue that too.

To prevent my "turning on the spotlight" in the future I'll just ask you first when I'm considering another post to see if an item is genuine or not.

So much for fellow collector care and concern. This is the last post I'll make on the issue so fire away Don because I will not be drawn into a heated debate over this thread............WOW.

Mike

I saw Hank's bid long before I saw your thread but hey, who cares right? Dog eat dog in this hobby. I'm sorry to hear that Hank is an idiot. I thought better of him. As to whether or not it would "fly under the radar" that is moot since you turned the spotlight on.
                        Just my dime.
                        Don

Comment

Comment

To quote a monty python sketch - "It is better to be talked about, than not talked about!"
                            A lot of times I bid on eBay stuff just to keep an eye on it...I know, you can do a "watch", but if the item gets canceled, you risk losing the sellers name for possible off eBay purchase. If I bid early, I get the bid confirmation with the sellers name. If I figure I can afford it and it is something I really want, I contact the seller.
                            In this case, I was pretty sure from the get-go it would be out of my current price range. But I bid on it anyway, just to keep an eye on it....
                            And personally, I would argue on both sides whether or not I am an idiot at times!!

Hank
                            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 01-02-2006, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X