EKII help & Packet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII help & Packet

I normally collect Luft. flight gear and this is my only medal. So I need some help.

I'm sorry the pics aren't better, my camera just can't handle it. All pics were taken with the flash.

Is it real or fake, value? There are no maker markings on the packet.

The EKII looks like its three piece construction.
    The marking on the big movable ring is what looks like a " /4 ". Not sure if its supposed to be a " 74" or " 24 " ?
    There is also what looks like a small "square" stamp on the small soldered non-movable loop that may contain a number in it. It's just so small and worn I just can't say for sure.

Any info. would be great.

Regards,
    Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mjfur; 12-24-2005, 04:23 PM.

pic2

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3

pic
      Attached Files

Comment

pic4

pic
        Attached Files

Comment

pic5

pic
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mjfur,

It's a rarer wide frame, maker marked '24' by By Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Hanauer Plakettenhersteller.

The other mark on the suspension ring is probably an acorn.

The packet though, is a 'kraft' paper fake so dump this but keep the cross.

Seeing it's Chrismas morning here in New Zealand - Happy Christmas mate !!!

Regards ...

Comment

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid Chris is correct this is indeed a fake packet, a good fake at that but never the less fake.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

O yes i do love those 24
                The packet well i have not seen that type in real, so i will have a open mind about it. But im shure do trust Marcus some times, that is a bad one. Would be nice to test one , shure alredy done

Any way Mery X whit that nice Lovely Orginal 24

Mikael

Comment

check kai winklers page, he has the same packet for sale, among others....

Comment

I know I've seen that on there a few times now, I had several of these indeed date tested (so yes these are done), i.e ink and paper and theres a thread on these in the packets and cases forum.

They come in blue and tan, they're still made today in fact !!! They are good fakes and one of the best looking and paper wise fakes on the market.

One of the packets to get tested in the New Year is the Forster & Graf packet, again a thread on the cases & packets forum following that legacy and episode of deliberation. I'll state for the record on those, in my opinion they are genuine and the Ldo warrenty stamped version....uummm, privately I'm confident even as an anomaly are correct !!!

We'll see though based on the premise of ink age testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton

One of the packets to get tested in the New Year is the Forster & Graf packet, again a thread on the cases & packets forum following that legacy and episode of deliberation. I'll state for the record on those, in my opinion they are genuine and the Ldo warrenty stamped version....uummm, privately I'm confident even as an anomaly are correct !!!

We'll see though based on the premise of ink age testing.
                      Hey Marcus,

I'll be watching for that thread with upmost interest.

I think they are all totally fake so one of us is going to be wrong !!!

The packet in this thread though was manufactured between approx. five years ago up to today.

It appears to have been deliberately aged with a view to decieving potential purchasers...

It's bad mate so best to dump it in the gash bag or incinerate it.

Regards ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X