DKIG Award Telegram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKIG Award Telegram

Today on Christmas Eve , received in the post something that was totally unexpected-the original telegram announcing the award of the German Cross In Gold to a very dear friend of mine who has very very kindly given it to me after all these years.
    It is the highest honor to receive it.

As follows:

ICH BEGLUECKWUENSCHE SIE ZU DER HOHEN AUSZEICHNUNG

MIT DEM DEUTSCHEN KREUZ IN GOLD UND WUENSCHE IHNEN

WEITERHIN VIEL SOLDATENGLUECK

HEIL HITLER

GEZ/+ RENDULIC GEN/+OBERST

Merry Xmas to all.

Congrats to ya. Great present. How about a pic!?

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks Hankmeister,

I feel very privileged to know the infantry Major whom I met by chance and was a neighbor of mine - he is a proud old soldier, who at the end of the war led his own batallion named after him.He is also a very private man, so I will for the moment like to keep his details to myself.
      I also have the press cutting feom the PK detailing his resistance against "bolshevik counter attacks".
      His other awards, were iron cross 1st +2nd class, infanty assault, and close combat, wound badge, winter war, Sudeten, and a few others!

He was also recommended for the Knights Cross, but it alas came too late in the war.

Comment

Dear David,

I am happy for you. Such things / events add a lot to collecting.

You could post the document by blacking out the areas you wish not to share with the public. I don't have a telegram congratulation and would like to see it too.

Here is a letter from De Angelis to a DKiG recepient (assault gunner).

Best regards,

Albert
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Albert; 12-25-2005, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your interest guys which I didn't expect-the document is just a pro forma to the Fernschreibstelle of a Gibirgsjager Regiment (part of 36 Geb.Korps) from 20 Gebirgsjager Armee Hq I believe, and its a different format to the one shown previous, a postelegram, looks like A4 size.

I will try and copy it after I've next had contact with the old gent

ps I'm not a paid up member yet to attach documents, I''ll get round to it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X