Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Cross of the iron cross question

hello,

I saw in the Detlev's catalog the followin award: Grosskreuz mit goldenem rand and I would like to know what it this decoration? a upper grade of the Grand Cross? the book dont have a picture of it.

thanks in advance!!

That would refer to the Grand Cross of the EK with a golden frame, or at least part of the frame in gold. It was never awarded (although I seem to recall that Göring had dibs on it) but I believe there are one or two period examples that have survived.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for your help Erich! do you know if this were the upper grade of Grand Cross?

Originally posted by Erich
      That would refer to the Grand Cross of the EK with a golden frame, or at least part of the frame in gold. It was never awarded (although I seem to recall that Göring had dibs on it) but I believe there are one or two period examples that have survived.
      Erich

Comment

The gold frame GK was considered but never authorized to be awarded. AH decided to go with the all silver frame GK keeping with tradition. I suspect Detlev's GK was one of a few prototypes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X