Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get an ek1/DKiG in the KM?

An odd question,

I was doing some research as one does when they get an award from a named individual.

I Got a Dkig from Franz-Georg Reschke, a Kapitan Leutnant at the time in the KM in U205.

My question is how does one in the KM get awards? Its seems an awful lot to give to a guy who only sunk 2 ships.

The earliest record of FGR I have is serving as a watch officer in the U94 under Kuppisch (RKT), he apparently only served one patrol (3 ships 12,000+ tons sunk) before he had his own command. When he got his own command, he made 8 patrols sinking 1 oiler of 2000+ tons and a AA cruiser 5400+ tons.
    He narrowly missed sinking the Ark Royal, after 3 torpedoes missed and this was picked up by his "collegue" in U81.

After the 8 patrols he was given the Dkig and a desk job. I noticed Donetz awarded a few of these jobs to "burned out" skippers, I wonder if FGR was one of them.

So what gives? When did FGR get the ek1 and for what? 1 patrol in U-94 with 3 ships sunk? And why the Dkig for just 2 ships?

In comparison, Heinrich Haape an Army Doctor in IR18 got a dkig only after:
    having put out of action two Russian T.34s with t-mines and grenades, and in the period of 3 weeks under the most primitive conditions, (according to his citation)
    "single-handed he attended to five hundred and twenty-one wounded in the face of the heaviest artillery Panzer, and infantry fire. Through intense sustained personal effort and Excellent organisation, he succeeded in attending to every wounded soldier, And in arranging for their evacuation to the rear areas..."

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
X