EK2 Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Identification

My eyes are old, and are going crossed trying to figure out this cross. I think it is a "4" mark, but wanted to get other opinions. I am not into the details of makers enough to be able to determine the maker by the characteristics of the cross. Many of you seem to be able to recognize the style of the various makers. I have tried the loupe, and micro shots from various light angles and still am unsure. What is the number and maker in your opinion?

Thanks,
    Ron

No better pics? of the mm?

I have one signed EKII too and would nearly swear it looks like yours but the mark is really blurry and I can't define it...

Try to use the 'negative image' option sometimes it helps a lot.

Comment

Hello,

it is definitely not a "4" cross. I venture to say it is "7".

Best Franki

Comment

I definetly need better picture of the MM..

After Negative image I saw : 10...

But hard to say...

Comment

Okrach,

OK. I changed my lights some, dug out my Nikkor Micro lens, and did the negative or invert. I have two shots and the side by side inverts. Looks a bit more like a "4" to me with the inverts. I have tried rotating it in about every direction, but this orientation looks like it is the better one. I thought I saw L/12 at one time, 7 another, and so on. It is the most difficult one I have ever seen.

Ron

Comment

OK guys noch mehr. Here are 2 more negative shots that I have played with the contrast etc. to try to make it easier to see. I don't know if I can get any better without a radical change in my shooting setup.

Ron

Comment

'4'

I see '4'...

Comment

I am more certain it is a 4 now that I tried your suggestion on the negative approach. Couldn't see it as clearly before as I think I do now. I never thought of trying that before, but I shall remember and use it if I have problems with other marks in the future. Danke Sehr!

Ron

Comment

Hi Ron.It's a "4" imo.Here's mine (although the 4 is rotated 90 degrees on the ring).The ring that connects the cross to the loop sits very high on the frame on yours,just like mine.I have several EKs and none have such a high ring.
                  Hope this helps

Comment

Last edited by Paolovski; 04-13-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Imo the first one is a Berg & Nolte, and the last one shown cant be a S&L. They are not supose to have that hump were the small ring fits, a home made mark maybe?.
                          Mikael

Comment

Hi Ron,

please post a close up of the date without angel if possible.

Best Franki

Comment

Franki, here are both dates.

Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X