This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spanish cross,EXPERTS!!

Dear Sirs I bring it to you once again,a cross that doesnt exist in droop tail version.This cross is an S&L spanish cross,GILT with so called droop tailed eagles,m,marked 4.We know that this cross didnt exist because if it did the EXPERTS would shourly know about it.I think they are wrong.You make your own mind up.Regards Joey
    Attached Files

gilt cross spanish

front spanishIf Anybody has one of these copys for sale please get in touch with me,I will give you a good price as a copy>regards Joey
    Last edited by Joey Charles; 12-19-2005, 06:47 PM.

Comment

sorry bad move

hopefully gilt cross
      Attached Files

Comment

spanish cross

Hi Knowbody waiting to get shot down in flames .regards Joey

Comment

Fake. Bail out!
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

spanish cross

Hi Gene How long have you been collecting,it must be 2 years or so now.Sorry that you dont really know what you are talking about,it does come with experience and you will get there one day,dont worry we all make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Charles
              Hi Gene How long have you been collecting,it must be 2 years or so now.Sorry that you dont really know what you are talking about,it does come with experience and you will get there one day,dont worry we all make mistakes.

Comment

Steady as she goes, gentlemen....
                George

Comment

The droop tail eagle changed to the 'normal' eagle in late 36/early 37. Why would badge manufactures use the droop tail on a badge designed in April 39? However, we've seen some odd things come to light in just the short time I've been a member.
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Herc1
                    The droop tail eagle changed to the 'normal' eagle in late 36/early 37. Why would badge manufactures use the droop tail on a badge designed in April 39? However, we've seen some odd things come to light in just the short time I've been a member.
                    Scott
                    Very good point Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Charles
                      Yes Joey, my mistake. Enjoy your gorgeous Spanish Cross!
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hello,

i would be with Gene on this one. But maybe i'm wrong (i don't think so, but maybe)! Joey, what is your proof that this example is a pre 45 one? I've seen, owned and handled a few spanish crosses of all(!) grades but i never saw one like this. I'm alway looking forward to improve my knowledge.

Comment

-

Drop tail or not – I don´t like what I see.

Comment

Same here, although I have to admit that except for the eagles, it does not look too bad. But I think we have spent some energy on discussing this exact cross before. It will remain "non-textbook." I personally would not buy it or keep it in my collection.
                            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Joey,

As the saying goes "If you want to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk" so let me put the ball firmly back in your court and ask you to prove that this is a pre-may 1945 made Spanish Cross.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
                              <o> </o>
                              Show us the proof such as period photographs, one in a grouping direct from the family, etc. but not some story from some one who said his 3<SUP>rd</SUP> cousin's 2<SUP>nd</SUP> uncle, once removed got it a dead nazi stormtrooper that he had just strangled with his bare hands after taking out the entire regiment with just a bayonet and a revolver.

Rich<o></o>
                              Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                              Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X