No announcement yet.

Early L/13 EK1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeep the early type, but whit very dirty tools on both frame and core.
    Mikael

Comment

Thanks guys for taking the time to post. With an early frame and a later core...are these commonly seen?Approximately where in the timeframe of the war would this have occured? Around 1943?

Comment

Imo that is not a later core, but that maker is well know to use some realy dirty tools. Imo that can well be a early core, or some kinda bad strike. Wy? Dont think they did care that much about it, as most off them are more or less crowded whit die flaws.
        Mikael

Originally posted by Raymond
        Thanks guys for taking the time to post. With an early frame and a later core...are these commonly seen?Approximately where in the timeframe of the war would this have occured? Around 1943?

Comment

How many different core styles did Meybauer use?Can the core with the high swastika,like this cross, be found in the cross with the wider pin and larger L/13 marking?

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
            Yeep the early type, but whit very dirty tools on both frame and core.
            Mikael

Mikael,

Why do you say that? I see nothing to suggest 'dirty' tooling.

Meybauer ( 7 or L/13 ) is generally regarded as a quality maker. Looking at the hinge, pin and catch shows that all was not cheapened when they made this EKI for commercial sale during the war years. This cross compares favorably to my 7 marked pinback and an L/13 screwback. The core details on the one shown here maybe a tad softer at the point where the date and swastika rise from the core field.

The soft details on this core is most likely due to using thinner sheet metal to press the core, as I mentioned above, instead of solid striking it from thicker iron stock.

Later you mentioned that Meybauer EKs were loaded with die flaws. !!?? What die flaws are you refering to? Help me out here.

Tony
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Hi Toney
              Let me explain i have and had some realy nasty maybauers, to bad i cant show the worst ive seen as i sold that one. I have also seen a diff in the 1939 among them, and i do refere that to dirty tools. Look close at some Maybauers and im shure you see what i say.
              Mikael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X