RK Ribbon opinions...please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Ribbon opinions...please

Hello Gents, I recently came across this ribbon, looks nice but I really am not sure. It has a soft supple satin/silky feel to it. What do you guys think?...Cheers...Jeff
    Attached Files

pic#2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic#3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic#4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic#5
          Attached Files

Comment

pic#6
            Attached Files

Comment

Surely someone has to have a opinion ...Cheers...Jeff

Comment

Anyone?? If it helps white thread count is either 17 or 18 being my eyes keep playing tricks on me! I am not sure if there were wartime ones with this thread count or is this a 57er? It has a decent amount of wear on it and loose stitching...Cheers...Jeff

Comment

Hello Jeff

From what I can see in the photos it doesn't look like a war time issue piece of ribbon. The edges of the outer black stripes would have quite prounced 'humps',(sort of like this UUUUUU but readily visible). Yours are flatter which is generally taken to indicate post war.

If you search the forum you find a lot of discussion and information on these ribbons.

Regards
                  David

Comment

Based on the pictures and the thread count I would also say it is post-1945, sorry. There were a real good thread about KC ribbons about a month ago, started by Harry. Try doing a search for it.

Soren

Comment

Hello

Here is a piece of war time issue ribbon for comparison that Kai Winkler has for sale.

Oops, not a very good picture. I'll re-post it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here it is again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Why worry about ribbons arnyway?? I don't care about them on my ek2's!! I guess I would if I had a KC.

Comment

I would worry if the average price of a full lenght ribbon is 700 euro!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for your responses gentlemen. I usually do not worry about ribbons unless they are big bucks, but this one came from a friend of mine who had it since the mid 80's and if I want it it is basically going to cost me pennies. We were always suspect it was post war-a 57er we thought, but I just wanted to make sure...Cheers...Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X