Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spange different prices!!!!???

Hello everybody.

I was looking into a web side and I found that the gap between the prices of the “Spange” to the EK2 and the EK1 is very big. All the “spange” to EK2 were around the same price and the same happen with the “spange” to the EK1, however the gap between one to the EK1 and EK2 is really big, (as I said before).

Could you tell me why? (it can be the material used to make them, the size, maker, age!!!?, or just because one is for a higher award, etc), please teach me about that.

Best regards,

Edgar

I think the difference is the rarity and award criteria. Roughly speaking, in WW1 about 4 millions (maybe 3, maybe 5, i forgot...) of EK2 were awarded, so all these guys (if still serving in WW2) were elighable for EK2 spange. But only about 300.000 (again, not sure!) of EK1 1914 were awarded. Those who got it, had to:
    1) be still in service in WW2,
    2) win EK2 in WW2,
    3) win also EK1 in WW2

to get the spange. Imagine how many WW1 veterans managed all that and this can give as a comparison how much scarcer EK1 spange is comparing to EK2. On top of it, it also looks more attractive (bigger, nicer pin/hinge or screwback thah the humble prongs of EK2 spange...) and hence the price is much higher!

Greetings, Valter

Comment

Thank you. Yes, I think you answer my question.

Greetings

Edgar

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X