Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the difference?

Hi all!!

I have a question (among 1 million more), about the Iron Cross. I knew in the forum that there are crosses with maker marks and others without it. My question is: which ones will you prefer? And why? Is there no difference between one cross marked and another unmarked?

Thanks a lot for your comments,

Edgar

I prefer ones with provenance.

L

Comment

Please note several models has beeen made strictly without a mark.

Best Franki

Comment

Well what do you like, markt, unmarkt?. This EK stuff is a habbit like smoking or like that, then you or i do focus on a point in this collecting. My focus is get all EK1 makers whit markt EK´s and also whit cases, that was my main and still is but im now also got a few EK2´s markt whit bags etc . Any way gota love this EK stuff and finding new ones to put in the bag. Try !!!! im shure you get hooked
        Mikael

Comment

Collecting EK's is an addiction! Once you start, it's impossible to stop, and you always need more! I buy them with and without makers so long as they are different. I like the more famous makers like Juncker, K&Q, S&L, etc that also made high end awards like RKs. Then there are also variants like Schinkels, round '3's, Imperial prinzens, etc which gives it more depth.

Cheers

Comment

Hello, Edgar IMO unmarked EKs are more plentiful and great to collect. My nicest cased EK1 is unmarked, and most of my EK2s are unmarked also.Sometimes if you research an unmarked cross, you can find out who made it! Anyway they are all good to collect, MM ones will bring a premium price. thanks. Mike

Comment

Edgar,
              I prefer the non LDO numbered crosses. LDO crosess were purchased as opposed to being awarded.

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

I like them when they rattle - mostly unmarked in my collection 60%. I like them because of the earlier stages of the war production, though of course unmarked EKs were awarded up to the final days of the war.
                No - you cant ever get enough....
                Attached Files

Comment

marked

Hello all,

While I don't have the experience that other members do I try to learn. For me, I would say marked versions are always better. The reason for liking marked examples is that I can come here and see if they match other examples from the same maker. It is simply an easier way to spot originals in my opinion as it narrows down the construction methods used. Thank you.

William Kramer
                  Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X