EK2 spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 spange

I bought that spange recently and I wanted to know if everything was ok with it. The piece is stamped with a very little L/16 behind
    edit: I forgot to say that the ribbon was not glowing under black light
    Thanks in advance,
    Frank

Last edited by Franko; 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM.

hmmm, L/16 spangen always are interesting to discuss...
    some say ALL L/16s are fake
    others say SOME L/16s are...
    some can tell the difference, and some can't.
    IMHO opinion I would keep away from ALL of them.

Your one resembles the one I have on file which 'most' people agreed was OK. Although the reverse is different. L/16s I'm told, have a large raised mark, this has a small stamp, and the prongs look wrong
    confused yet? I always am regarding these...
    lets see if anyone can help us out here, and clear this up!
    regards
    jon

Comment

I have an L/16 spange discussed here
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=104326

To be honest I doubt the authenticity of any L/16 spange, there seems to be no proof of wartime L/16's.

If anyone can confirm this or otherwise please post a reply

Comment

I am very surprised by the fact that spange might be a fake. I was sure L/16 was an ok mark, its even listed in the know maker of ek2 spange. Mine is a little bit different than your John, especially the back. I can't wait to see more reply.
        Thanks a lot guy

Comment

Originally posted by J G
          I have an L/16 spange discussed here
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=104326

To be honest I doubt the authenticity of any L/16 spange, there seems to be no proof of wartime L/16's.

If anyone can confirm this or otherwise please post a reply
          you can tell that since you showed yours I've almost completely given up on L/16s!
          regards
          jon

Comment

little bump :P
            Last edited by Franko; 12-05-2005, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised no-one else has chipped in here...
              but frank, if it was do-or-die time, and this was mine, I'd send it back
              there's too many more avaliable which are considered A-OK (not L/16s) but other known makers, which will make you sleep better.
              Of course this is my own personal opinion.
              still wanna hear more on this subject though...
              best regards
              jon

Comment

Thanks for your answer Jon.
                Last edited by Franko; 12-05-2005, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I would send it back, based on the L16

Best regards

Flemming

Comment

I took some picture with my new camera, maybe that would help to get more answer

Comment

The L/16 spanges seem to be suffering the same pariah complex that L/12 marked awards and Souval badges have suffered in past decades.

These extremely subjective comments I read here do nothing to elevate the discussion or evaluate the award, and only further deepen the murky waters.

It is OK to just say 'I dont know"

Now, my opinion on the one shown in this thread isnt favorable, but to be honest, the pictures really arent distinct enough to really get a good feel for it. I would like to see a close up of the pebbling and the date along with the eagle head.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Hi Mark, thanks for your answer. Here are the best picture I could take of the front. The back was not a big success, the mark is so small that it appear blurry on the picture.

[img=http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/9099/spangefront25yl.th.jpg]
                        [img=http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/6342/spangefront31fr.th.jpg]
                        [img=http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/6189/spangefront49mr.th.jpg]

Comment

I have to say, in comparison to other spanges I have owned or seen, I really am not that excited over this one.

Keeping in mind this is only my opinion, I dont like lack of crisp detail, the shape of the eagles head (especially the way it looks from the back) and the prongs.

Personally, I would send it back if for no other reason than I think you can probably do better if you hold out for a nice one down the road.

Also, in regards to the stamped L/16 mark on these spanges: I have yet to see one that had that mark that really looked good. The large raised marks, yes, but never the stamped ones. In my opinion, there are two styles of raised mark spanges with large marks, one being a fake, and I am pretty much convinced that the stamped ones are all fake.

A probable scenario is that someone made a fake with the raised mark and as soon as everyone found out them, they dismissed all raised mark spanges. I am not sure when the stamped versions came about.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X