X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry guys these are the only pics i have of the cross

Comment

Hello,

all in all it looks like a W&L cross and I venture to say it is one.

Best Franki

Comment

W&L??? Here is the best I could find for matching the photo angle (sorry Munster for taking the picture of your beautiful W&L for comparison) hope it can help to figure out the mystery. The thing that jumps out at me is the thickness of the suspension ring. The frames look nearly identical, except for the severe wear to the beading. Numbers appear to be identical as well...
        Attached Files

Comment

i think you could be right about it bieng a W&L looking at the comparison pic, maybe a 1914-18 ring may have been added to this cross for some reason, i believe that some rings were letter marked on these crosses does anyone know of a maker that used the letter R from that period
          Last edited by gaz; 12-01-2005, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Imo that is a W&L, but remeber some one can have played whit some stamps. And if it´s on Ebay that for shure will bring a bit more usd, beside a unmarkt one.
            Mikael

Comment

Looking at the reverse of the ring closely,looks like theres a stamp on the left where its slightly swollen...am i right or am i seeing things??

Comment

you could be right on the mark on the reverse showing on the ring ,i have tried to get a better picture
                regards gaz
                Attached Files

Comment

Let me know how you get on Gaz .Don't worry,i'm not after it

Paul

Comment

niether am i i just got into the pics and i was puzzled by the mark on it ,i dont buy much from e bay i would imagine it will go for silly money they usualy do.
                    regards gaz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X