No announcement yet.

800 L/12 Juncker RK - Opinions anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gouge or grind marks on the reverse remind me of the way old time silver and gold buyers removed metal to test the interior for silver or gold content. I would say this cross did not leave the factory, in this condition, but was tested for the silver content.

I would replace the loop. I don't like, or believe, single numeral hand stamped Knight's Cross loops. Of course, the cross itself is a nice piece and would be a wonderful addition to any medal collection. congratulations.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

A very nice example. Thank you.
      G.

Comment

I attempted a different approach than Bob......

Yes, the observations made (by him) are right on and reflective of a time when pieces were gouged, split and 'tested' at a Gun Show table.

The loop surely needs to be looked at just as closely as another presented recently. The style, font and manner of stamping just isn't 'Juncker'....early, mid or late!
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Okay, I`m not quite convinced this loop is bad. Here is one that has shown up on this L/12 cross & another in a well known book w/ very similar scuffs on the cross. Coincidence? Are there more out there? Steve Wolfe has no problem w/it. Where are the other experts? Thank you everyone for your thoughts & comments!

Best regards,
          Erickn
          Last edited by Erickn; 12-03-2005, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Anybody???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X