Cased Oak Leave By Godet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased Oak Leave By Godet

Santa Clause came to visit the Hillbilly. Who said Santa was just for children?
    Attached Files

OAK LEAVES CLOSE UP

Here is the obverse of one of the finest Oak Leaves by Godet I have seen for many years.
    Attached Files

Comment

REVERSE CLOSE UP

REVERSE.
      Attached Files

Comment

I live a hell of alot closer to santa then you, but still hehe
        Gorgeous piece, consider yourself VERY fortunate Merry Christmas! allthough im sure youre christmas is merry allready
        Antti

Comment

Hello Mr Stump
          Very nice indeed, any ideas on the recipient, or just a nameless piece from history?

Regards
          Dez

Comment

NOT AWARDED

I don't think this Oak Leaves was ever awarded. If so, the recipient's name is lost to the quick sand of History.

Comment

Bill,
              What a stunning set of oaks!
              You must have been a very good little boy this year for Santa to be so generous!
              Congrats Bill; great acquisition!
              Roy

Comment

Oaks

Congrats ! on a lovely cased set....
                The Oaks are clearly OK and I'd put them at early war period of manufacture....

Has anyone any theories as to why Godet should have one set of dies for 900/L50 Oaks, and another for 900/21 Oaks ? I have some ideas, but I would be interested in comments.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Chris

Bill's Oakleaves (and yours) are stunning but can't be early war manufacture as they are clearly second type and with a Präsidialkanzlei "21" mark not believed to have been in general use until around the middle part of the war.
                  The reason for the change is always going to be a matter of speculation but I believe it is related to the introduction of the Swords and the need for a longer suspension loop requiring a flatter back than the concaved surface on the first type into which the shorter Oakleaves suspension loop neatly fits.

Comment

Correction

Gordon, of course you are right.. what I meant was early in the production use of these dies... I have noticed that there is a reduction in the crisp definition in some pieces from these dies.

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X