KC of the KVK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC of the KVK

Here is an nice Knight's Cross of the War Merit Cross. Has ribbon and correct bunching at the center with thread. Cross appears to be solid silver and is the proper weight, but is not marked in the V at the bottom. Comments please.
    Ron Weinand
    Weinand Militaria
    PS: If you all approve, I will list it on the eStand.

Ron,
    I guess the lack of opinions on your Knight's Cross shows how little is known about these medals. I have one that was checked and found to be genuine. I will post a photo of it to compair with.
    Attached Files

Comment

Other side. This one has 900 and 1 marked on the end of the lower arm.
      Attached Files

Comment

900 1

Thank you for your comments. I also have the 900 1 and have found 3 of these out of the woodwork. Interestingly, two were marked 900 1 and one was marked 1 900. All from the Schloss Klessheim that was captured by the 3rd Division. This unit, the signals battalion of the 3rd Division, has supplied me with several RK KVKs both with and without swords, many eagle orders and some nice RK items to include an oakleaf case set.
        This is the first cross I have found that is unmarked. It is obviously real silver and its highlights are properly finished and well made. I had heard that these unmarked versions are originals, but it is the first one I have encountered.
        The ribbon also appears period and is properly gathered at the loop area, just as my other RK KVKs are made.
        I will be selling this cross as it is an extra for me and I don't intend to save every variation, so I was just trying to determine if it meets the legal criteria of this wonderful site.
        Ron Weinand
        Weinand Militaria

Comment

Weight

For those who have asked, the weight is 32.95 Gm.
          Ron Weinand
          Weinand Militaria

Comment

Ron, from what I can see the die characteristics of your piece match those of my "900 - 1" RKdKVK.
            Attached Files
            George

Comment

Reverse.
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

Thanks George, It does match my 900 1 also, but as it is an extra and I don't collect variations, I guess I will sell it.
                Ron Weinand

Comment

Ron, yours looks okay to me, many of these pieces are unmarked, when they marked the '900/1' combination is the most common if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Ron,
                    Sometimes things just reach out, grab you and speak to you. I have always gone with that instinct and it has never let me down. My instinct is telling me it is real. I would say it is worth less than a marked piece, so list it with a fair price and a right of return and see what happens. I used to have a 900 1 marked piece like this. When I moved on to Imperial, I sold it. Sometimes, I am such an idiot.
                    Dan Murphy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X