• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another ebay rip-off!!!!

Http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.d...8273&rd=1&rd=1

Paul

150£ for an EK2

But then again, seller only needs one idiot who pushes that "buy it now"-button.

And ebay is full of s

L

Comment

at least it is original, and yes he only needs one

Comment

hello,

all in all very nice.
        Nice cross with paperbag and ribbon and a NICE prise for the vendor as well.

Best Franki

Comment

Hi Paul,

I know where you are coming from, but I wouldn't call this a rip off. I would say it will be more of an example of "a fool and his money are soon parted" if someone hits the buy it now button. If I could sell all of my EK2 for that price I would do it in a minute, if not sooner.

Comment

...and the fool and his money are now parted... well probably not a fool,just wanted it,and was prepared to pay the vendors price...

Comment

Someone's actually bought it I don't know wether to at him or to for him!!!!!

I guess an item is only worth how much somebody wants it and how much they're prepared to pay for it ...

Paul

Comment

I wouldn't say that this was a rip off as the items look pretty genuine to me.

About 6 months ago I sold a K+Q EKII and reconcilling packet on eBay - both items in MUCH better condition than these and I got $US250 for them.

I was expecting $US125 odd but a couple of guys in the last 10 minutes went nuts over the bidding and kept pushing the price up.

Not a lot the vendor can do under these circumstances but sit back in awe...

Regards ...

Comment

I didn't mean rip off as in fake item,i mean rip off as in "buy it now" price of ******163;150 with no bidding.Call me stupid and naive please but i think it's wrong to sell something to somebody knowing full well that it isn't worth that much,irrelevant of wether they are desperate collectors or stupid novices.We were all novices once and i would have been sick to the stomach if i'd bought a cross for ******163;150 when it's only worth ******163;60-******163;70 (site dealer)...It's unethical.We all help eachother out on this forum and it should be the same on the outside.

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul just like to say an EK in packet at shows sell for around £95 plus, depending on who you buy from. Not sticking up for the guy or girl because i too think its expensive, but dont you also have to pay committion to ebay for selling, please correct me if im wrong as i have never do it, plus P&P of course. But have to admit he sure made some money out of it. All the best

Comment

well, its official. Someone press the buy it now button

Comment

Interesting that the seller got away with showing the swastika in his offering. Ebay spies will usually catch that and pull the offering.

"Worth" or value is always in the eyes of the buyer. What you think is an outrageous price is often well-within someone elses budget. That's a dead horse.

Scott

Comment

true enough Scott...however one day,some one else sees that so and so sold a cross for that price,and the price rises ,and so on..till it is not in the average collectors pocket book range anymore.

Comment

ddid you see the cased ek 2 shinkle on ebay that went for 685 usd

Comment

Two days ago somebody bid ******163;68 for an "ost" medal...In that particular case it's the bidders own fault for not knowing exactly what he was buying.When i started the fascinating hobby of collecting 3rd Reich i made sure i did some research first.I read lots of books and watched a few sites to get a basic idea of value...If only people would do the same when starting off we could weed out the rip off merchants and keep the hobby free of extortion.
                              By the way,there's an EK2 mm 112 on ebay at the moment...I am not aware of "Argentor Werke Rust & Hetzel" as being EK makers....At least the price is ******163;60 "buy it now".

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X