Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jablonski "128" EKII + Packet

Hi Guys,
    I've had this EK for about 2 months now so i thought it was about time i posted it for your valuable opinions/comments.

One of the best ring stamps i've seen!!!

Paul
    Last edited by Paolovski; 04-13-2006, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

nice cross, I've always thought 128 have one of the best and strongest mm stamp,
          I have one too, and it's splat into the ring also
          regards
          jon

Comment

Thanks Jon.They don't seem to be that common either...having said that,i've seen 2 for sale on ebay over the last few weeks with exactly the same "chunky" stamp.Also,they all seem to have a uniform dark grey patina on the frame and a very matt black core.You can't really see it on my pics because of the flash butit's the "moodiest" EK i have...

Could you post a pic of yours please Jon?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

here's pics of mine:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=128

great condition!
              seems like you found a nice example
              regards
              jon

Comment

I too have noticed that "128"s are generally quite battered with the paint coming off the core...at least the very few i've seen.I personally prefer nicely aged crosses to pristine ones...i like the "battleworn" look.I've just purchased an EKI "26" which is quite an aged example.The pin has snapped off at the hinge but i think it could be easily repaired by a silversmith...i got it for $110.Woul it depreciate much if i had it repaired? Is it advisable?

Paul

Comment

I don't go for pristine either, which is lucky, as I'm always skint
                  I have quite a few 'broken-pin' EKs and I wouldn't repair them. I like them the way I find them, but that's a personal thing...
                  I would leave yours alone, for what it would cost to repair, plus your initial cost, it would wind up about the same as firstly buying an undamaged one. I don't think you'd get much more for it either way (as a modern repair) so I'd love it like it is
                  and post a pic!
                  regards
                  jon

Comment

Very nice set!!

Comment

Ha ha!!! I know what you mean about "skint".....I'm selling everything to feed my newly found habit...i mean hobby!!! Could i interest you in a pair of nicely worn workboots and a kilo of dried bananas?!!!
                      I think i will follow your advice and leave the pin well alone.Not that i'm interested in the sale value as none of my EK's will ever be sold.
                      By the way,i believe the Imperial War Museum in London are releasing something in the region of 3000 photos and transcripts on their website of the Nuremberg Trials in case anybody is interested.WWW.IWMCOLLECTIONS.ORG.UK

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X