Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross of Iron 1ST class with screwback?

Hello forum Members....

Now i want to ask about Cross of iron...
    I neves see one like that.
    It´s this cross of iron a fake?.
    It´s rare?.
    What you could say about it...
    The value?.

Sorry me but i neveer seen other like that... May be i only see a very few...

All comments will be highly apreciated.
    Thanks in anyway,
    Bye,

Hi Santiago,

You have an interesting example there! Screwback 1939EK1s are not uncommon and the construction of the reverse looks genuine/period to me, including round disk. I like the patina on it as well. The two things that strike me as strange though are;

1) the 1939 date at first appears strange but I think this may be a combination of blurry imagery and some paint chipped/worn off the highlights (at first I thought there was a "split" in the first 9),
    2) The way the beading (actually the "step" at the foot of the beading on the outer edge of the beading) sits in the flange seems uneven, almost like the beading was either struck off centre or the cross was trimmed/finished off centre.

Bottom line from my point of view is that the cross is probably genuine. I'd have it in my collection. Value US$120-150.

Regards
    Mike K
    Regards
    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Yes, I like it as well. Very fine detailing to the beading.

One thing I noticed is that the lower left interior corner of the frame does not come to a point. Anyone else notice that? I have not seen that before.

Calvin
      -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for your comments.
        They are very helpfully to me.

Regards,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X