Ribbon loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon loop

I would like to ask your opinion on the ribbon loop of a Iron Cross 2nd Class. It look like silver but there aren’t any marks on it.

Pascal
    Attached Files

Detail
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Pascal,
      A field conversion RK and a very unique one at that. Provenance is important to properly authenticate and valuate these, but in my opinion, I think it's a great example! A silver stamp on the loop is not relevant on a field conversion, but you can always test it with a simple assayer's kit.
      Regards,
      Roy

Comment

Lovely

What a lovely piece !
        Congratulations !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Thanks for your wonderful comments. They really brought a smile to my face.
          I had this piece for some time now but considered it as nothing special.
          Thanks to you guys it’s going to have a special place in my collection.
          Maybe any idea about the value of such a piece, because I have no idea at all.

Pascal

Comment

Very nice piece Pascal.
            With these field converted KCs, provenance is everything.
            If you can link it to a known Ritterkreuzträger, you could easy talk in four figures, ( I willingly paid such a price for mine, but only because it came from one of the top U-Boat Aces) but without a history, the value would plummet drastically especially where there has been no alteration/conversion of the cross but just a suspension loop added. Very nice and unusual piece though.

Comment

Without provenance, many people agree that the price would not command any premium over the price of a regular EKII, and they're probably right. I paid $300 usd for my field conversion without provenance, and I love it. I guess it's always a matter of personal choice. If you ever want to sell this one, let me know.
              Roy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X