Oakleaves by Juncker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oakleaves by Juncker

For your interest, here is my Juncker-made oakleaves set.

Hi Ludwig,
    Are these repro as they look totally different to the known original L/12 marked Oakleaves I have seen. Totally different shape leaves, etc. Anybody else care to comment as I may be wrong.

Brett

Comment

OLs

No, Brett, they are not repro. I don´t collect repros.
      Yes, they are quite different from for example the Juncker-pieces with raised markings, but this doesn´t mean they are not original.

Comment

Sorry to say, but I have to agree these are not Juncker Oakleaves. There are many subtle differences in shape and curvature of the leaves. The overall shape is really considerably different to Juncker made oakleaves

Comment

OLs L/12

I know they don´t look like the L/12 OLs in Previteras book (a wonderful set!) or Gordon´s, but can we be 100% sure that Juncker made only that type? Godet made two different sets.

To me it looked like Juncker experimented a bit with their OLs and also OL&Swords sets, but then realized that the market was Godet´s. Allmost all named sets we can see in books etc. are Godet made.
          If this set doesn´t "look like a Juncker set" it looks more like a set from Foerster & Barth, but not exactly.´

The quality of this set is very high and I have never doubted it, but we all learn all the time, so serious comments are very welcome.

Comment

Ludwig,

I will post THE EXACT SAME Juncker Oaks that are in Previtera's Book. As Gordon pointed out, the shape and curvature of your Juncker is not quite correct.

Also, notice the placement of the L/12 and 800 between the two EL's.

Mark

"You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Just checked through some old downloaded images. Several sets like these were sold some years back by Snyders Treasures on EBay, just at the same time as he was selling what can only be described as "unusual" RKs, such as Deschler "1" marked with eye dipping down into the frame.
              Not a good sign I'm afraid.

Comment

OLs

Very nice Oakleaves, Mark. Very nice indeed. And I know that those are the most desireble, but do we really know that it´s the only type?
                I send images of two Juncker-made swords set. One from Hüsken and one from Weitze. Both wellknown dealers in Hamburg. Both sets look OK to me, but they are not exactly the same.
                However, Gordon´s latest post here makes me wonder. I bought my set before Previtera´s book was out and before I had heard about Snyder and his ****leaves. I am now happy I got lifetime money back guarantee...
                First comes the Hüsken set.

Comment

OLs

And Weitze´s set:
                  Last edited by Ludwig; 10-16-2007, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X