Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor old Girl

x
    Last edited by Matt Starr; 04-24-2006, 06:34 AM.

I would find one of those little silica packs and put it in the case.

Well, about the rust since they are very small spots I would find some Phosphuric acid and dab a very tiny amount on the rust spots, I wouldn't even venture to try and take the rust off the frosting, let it stay. The acid can be found at a hardware store it's turns the rust into another form of oxide (I believe) I've used it on car bodies with great success, but haven't tried it on iron crosses yet.

If you want to try it, get some of the acid, get a lightly rusted nail and play with it to see your results first.

Comment

I use phosphoric acid quite alot on Aircraft parts, but I've decided not to touch it, so she will remain like that. My display cabinets are full of moisture traps aswell. I'm really dissapointed that the pics make her look so unexciting as I said much nicer in hand
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Starr
        I use phosphoric acid quite alot on Aircraft parts, but I've decided not to touch it, so she will remain like that. My display cabinets are full of moisture traps aswell. I'm really dissapointed that the pics make her look so unexciting as I said much nicer in hand
        Matt
        The 26's are really nice almost regardless of their condition, I've got one in a case but does not have any frosting nor does it looks like it ever had any.

Comment

Very nice example of the '26'

Comment

Thanks for the appreciation guys!! I love my 26's

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X