Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Unless is a particular trait of this maker, I have not seen another KVK with a Swastica coming out of the medal so much, not to mention the cross lines in its interior. I had both of mine posted on the forum a while ago. Maybe this could help in reference to what im saying.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...highlight=kvk1

Comment

Now this is a wierd one ....

1. It was obviously hand vaulted by it's owner
              2. It has all the correct traits for a "1" Deschler including reverse setup and maker mark.
              3. My guess is that this piece was de-nazified at some point, and a swastika was added later to "spruce" it up.

Can you see any signs of glue or soldering around the bottom edging of the swastika?

Comment

I think that the svastika was soldered, very well soldered, good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell
                  Now this is a wierd one ....

1. It was obviously hand vaulted by it's owner
                  2. It has all the correct traits for a "1" Deschler including reverse setup and maker mark.
                  3. My guess is that this piece was de-nazified at some point, and a swastika was added later to "spruce" it up.

Can you see any signs of glue or soldering around the bottom edging of the swastika?

Is there anything you dont know??? . So thats the craziness with this one huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Das Reich
                    Is there anything you dont know??? . So thats the craziness with this one huh?
                    I know little compared to the other guys here. It's just that you get to know the characteristics of pieces you own just a little better than the rest.

I've seen a swastika like that before ... but cant for the life of me remember where

Comment

That is an original KVK1 by this maker but it has been denazified, you can see the damage on the wreath. The swaz is a later addition but nicely done.

Comment

It´s possible that the svastika is changed in the period for the ownner? This svastika is in the same material of the medal, I think.

Comment

nice catch guys!

Hello all,

Well, I knew the back looked right, but I didn't get those strange markings on the symbol. That is an excellent theory about the swastika being added at a later date, and certainly post war.

William Kramer
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X