DKG Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DKG Opinions please

Is anybody familiar with this one? No maker mark.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

catch
      Attached Files

Comment

Godet- What part do you not like, Ivan? The hinge, pin, rivets and catch look okay as well as the wreath and date grossly. Better close ups of the wreath would be nice to look for details.

Comment

i want to say deschler or godet but its missing the back plate for the barrel on the pin, and the wreath looks a tad different mainly the 1st loop on the left side

Comment

Anthony- The godet and deschler dates are slightly different, as are the wreaths. Godet has 6 small recessed ball rivets, as compared to open rivets of the four rivet deschler or the elevated rivets of the 6 rivet deschler.

Is it the catch that is bothering you? I have one godet with such a catch. The other has the more common elevated base to the catch plate. The hinge also does not appear to have the prominent base plate.

Can we see some better details of the wreath and the finish on the enamel of the swaz? How about a slight side view of the swaz as well?

Comment

on the godets it has plates for the barrel and the catch though

Comment

i sit corrected i didnt look at a few other models i retract my prior statements about the back plates and shes a beauty

Comment

Yes, I noted that above. However, I have a godet DKiG that has a catch just like that. The other has the elevated base plate. Both have the base plate under the hinge.

The rivets are well finished and the wreath looks like a godet, not a deschler. The six rivet deschlers have elevated ball type rivets that are above the base plate, not recessed. Also, the 6 rivet deschelers have the short pins and a completely different appearance to the hinge and catch.

Anthony- Not a big deal. There seems to be alot of variations of catches. This is seen on the juncker DKiGs as well. It would be nice to see some close-ups of the wreath. So far I think this looks like a good cross. We just need some better wreath shots.

Comment

Very nice Godet

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X