WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 x Knights Cross formal doc collection to be liquidated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what differance would it be for one saying a non known ground and pound man to as said above "terrific" known one?

would the price be alot?

thanks greg

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory Koepp
      what differance would it be for one saying a non known ground and pound man to as said above "terrific" known one?

would the price be alot?

thanks greg
      Depends on the collector, IMO even if often, you had to be "brave" to deserve a RK.
      Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

I agree with Francois that all had to be brave to earn the KC but I do believe there would be/could be a significant price difference between an unknown Infantry officers KC and a ME 109 pilot KC. As one dealer told me at the MAX, the "sexy" piece would demand more. I tend to agree wit this (even though I am an old infantry officer.....

Gary B
        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Militaria as an investment?! Money laundry yes!

Hm, don't get me wrong here I love the hooby and collecting but to see Militaria as an investment...I have my doubts. How long will it take you to sell an item "X" and make a margin on, taking your investment into account... Real Estate is the better option.

If the lot of 60 is only to be sold only in one piece at what average price? 8-9 k as a whole sale purchase price for 60 pieces. How much does that make and who as a dealer will invest that kind of money to later sell it in an already slow market. Better buy smaller items and turn the merchandise much faster. Now in case you are into money laundry the issue looks differently. I recently heard there are traders how have been taken away their passports and do not show up at foreign shows anymore....?

Saludos desde Mexico!
          m

Comment

I have not understood this thread to read that the lot of 60 was to be sold as a group, just the two that were offered at 22K.

Does anyone think otherwise? If I were selling the collection, I would be selling them individually .
            DaveJ

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ
              I have not understood this thread to read that the lot of 60 was to be sold as a group, just the two that were offered at 22K.

Does anyone think otherwise? If I were selling the collection, I would be selling them individually .

Right Dave, but some people need the money on the spot and cannot wait. That is what traders live from many times.

m

Comment

Documents

Gents,

I cannot speak to the 60 that may or may not be up for sale (To the best of my knowledge, the largest formal RK document collection resides in Frankfurt, Germany).

As Ron already articulated, there are many factors regarding price. And, as we have learned, rarity does not neccessarily translate to an appropriate level of value, i.e. the price of German Crosses versus Honor Goblets. Some considerations:

1. BRANCH OF SERVICE. The Navy had the least number of awardees followed by Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe, and lastly Army. However, this does not always translate to demand. I would speculate that a Fighterpilot or Panzer RK Doc may generate a higher demand then perhaps a surface Navy recipient.

2. HIGHER AWARDS. Did the recipient receive any higher awards (O/L, SWDS, Diamonds)?

3. UNIT. Certain units command a higher price (JG2, JG52, 1st SS-PZ DIV, 11th Panzer Regiment, Grossdeutschland, AK, etc).

4. RANK. Perhaps the most contentious. Should a RK document presented to General Major who received his award for 'service' command a higher price compared to an Oberfeldwebel who received his award for 'valor'?

5. SIGNATURE. Original versus facsimile versus calligraphy.

6. VERSION. Second or first pattern.

7. LENGTH OF NAME. Many feel that a two line name line is more desirable.

8. CONDITION. BFO!

9. PERSONALITY. Pips Priller, Steinhoff, Eberbach, etc.

9. Extras: Outer carton, transmittel letter, pictures of award ceremony, etc.

V. Runstedt's sold at the MAX show this year and I would venture to say that it may have sold for around xxx. v. Kleists is currently being offered at Hermann's--it may go as high as 30K!

MIKE
                Last edited by George Stimson; 10-14-2005, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X