RK Ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Ribbon

I hope these photos are ok, as in the other threads mine has 26 white and is 46 mil accross I have black lighted it and it does not glow, is it ok? thanks, Paul
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Paul. The ribbon does not appear to be pre '45.
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

Dave thanks, any pointers as to why, thanks, Paul

Comment

Paul the 'bunting' at the edges is straight where as pre '45 RK ribbon showed scalloping something like this: ^^^^^^^^^^
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
              Paul the 'bunting' at the edges is straight where as pre '45 RK ribbon showed scalloping something like this: ^^^^^^^^^^

Hi Dave

This came with my Schickle RK. Can I confirm that it is an authentic wartime ribbon? It was quoted as a wartime ribbon and is over 1 foot long. Excuse the bad photo, as it was taken this evening with a flash, but if needed I will take clearer photos during the day.

Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Henri, I don't think that the ribbon is pre '45. The weave and bunting is different.
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

Henri,
                    To add to the points highlighted by Dave......... I have been checking the stitch count on the white band. 17 stitches per white band width is a bit low. I would be suspicious of anything less than 23..

Comment

"I would be suspicious of anything less than 23.."

Is that based on known wartime criteria for RK ribbons, Harry, or is that based on your personal observations? <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                      George

Comment

Paul, Henri this is an idea of what to look for......
                        Last edited by Dave Kane; 12-17-2006, 02:11 PM.
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

For comparrison....nice thick 'feel' and non-glowing yet POST war!

Note the bunting.
                          Last edited by Dave Kane; 12-17-2006, 02:11 PM.
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                            "I would be suspicious of anything less than 23.."

Is that based on known wartime criteria for RK ribbons, Harry, or is that based on your personal observations? <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

George, I just noted your question....among your 10k +/- posts about what is original or not regarding Iron Crosses, markings, etc. I wonder if they are based in 'war time criteria' or just experience and hands on?

Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Dave, I just wondered if there were any wartime specs as to weave, widths, numbers of stitches, etc. If there aren't, that's fine.

Here's another question. I thought that there were specs as to the widths of the various colors of the ribbon. If the colors of a particular ribbon are within those specs, does the amount of stitches matter?
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X