A Q. about a small Iron Cross ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Q. about a small Iron Cross ring

Hello! I jus joined th esite, and was wondering if anyone could help me collect general information about a ring I recently purchased. It is a small iron cross ring, silver, with oak leaves on either side. The cross is painted black, in enamel, and there is a small, three digit, or two digit and an letter, code in the band. I waswondering if anyone might have som knowledge about this kind of ring, and its origins. I spoke with a fellow at a nearby Army-Navy store, and he informed me that this is probably from WWI, and it i a ring that was sold in conjunction to the issuance of the iron cross medal. Those receiving the medal would often purchase these rings, almost like gradutation rings, and give them to their betrothed, their girlfriends, etc., or get them for themselves as a status symbol. Does any of this sound familiar? And ... Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might be able to go to get more general info, and, perhaps, more specific info about this ring? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you! --G

The ring you are talking about, was once owned by Conrad Chin-See of "Grenadiers" in South London, you could ask him more about it. I saw this ring for sale this summer at a Beltring Show, it could of course be another ring but it sounds very much like that ring.
    If my memory serves me right, he bought it from another dealer, "Adler Militaria" also in the South of England, supposedly a ww1 ring to a junior officer in the Artillery.

Regards
    Andy

Comment

Hmmmm.....

Hi!
      Thank you for your response! I bought this one from a man from Poland, who deals in estate sales. He told me it came from an estate sale after the death of someone in Berlin. Unfortunately, that's all I was able to get from him! I believe you are right that these rings come from WWI, but beyond that, I really have no idea! Thanks for the tidbit, however! --G

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X